Deli Counter Staff Who Just Don’t Adhere To Your Request!

Will do Dex!
Thanks!!

2 Likes

Fyi, they’re thin sausages about 1 foot long and which can be eaten as a cold snack without cooking them (I never cooked them)… not spiced at all, so don’t think they’re like pepperoni.

2 Likes

Cold sounds good, I’m certainly not going to add any spices or herbs, Probably get withdrawal symptoms though :wink:

1 Like

My bitch about supermarkets is that they no longer sell the half cucumbers. We both like cucumber but not a lot at a time so the half one did us fine. Now if I buy take the whole one then half of it ends up going off and has to be binned.

3 Likes

Same @Rox !!
Who on earth gets through a whole cucumber in a few days?!! Even when the offspring lived and ate everything in here a whole cucumber was still too much :thinking:
I used to love cucumber once in a while but I refuse to buy any now

I’m cucumber denied!

2 Likes

And another thing…
It’s apparently dangerous to wrap cheese in clingfilm for any length of time so I hate it when i ask for a wedge from a block at a deli, when they pick up a wrapped one and say “this is about the same size is that ok?”
I feel like saying “No, I didn’t ask for cheese with carcinogens thank you, just the fresh one in paper for me please”!!

1 Like

You could pickle cucumber.

1 Like

True @Dextrous63 but I’m not a fan of it pickled! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Roxy and Rhian,
I sometimes find, half a cucumber is nearly as much as a whole one! If l buy a half, l usually wish l had bought a whole one as it soon goes!
I now cut my cucumber in thicker slices than wafer thin, than l used to.

I don’t know why and l shouldn’t feel like this as l am innocent… but l find choosing a cucumber rather embarrassing when men are around, as they always seem to grin!

2 Likes

When my brother in law buys fresh Cod off the fish counter in a supermarket, he always asks for the skin to be cut off.
Some assistants weigh and price the Cod with the the skin on before they remove it.
My brother in law refuses to pay for the fish skin, so there is usually a bit of disagreement about this.

1 Like

Does anyone ever wonder how much the pieces of plastic that the assistant seems to take a handful of to place the ham etc on, weighs?
I remember reading some years ago, that someone was being petty and saying you pay for the weight of those too!

1 Like

Many moons ago I worked on a fruit and veg stall in Leadenhall Market, real costermonger stuff, some of the slang used for the fruit and veg was an eye opener, cucumbers were the least rude!
Aubergines spring to mind .

2 Likes

Does he ask them to de-bone sardines too?

3 Likes

Knowing him, he probably does… and herrings! :laughing:

1 Like

Tight fisted or what?

1 Like

I must admit I had never thought about this but now I have it’s ruined the deli counter forever! :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Hopefully he doesn’t realise that there is no such thing as “fresh” Cod in a supermarket. All the fish is pre frozen.

2 Likes

I misread the title and nearly entered a post of praise to the staff about how prompt and reliable they were.

Smiley Realized Mistake Smiley

1 Like

Cucumber juice, vodka, ice & a slice :grinning:

1 Like

Our local Portuguese deli has one for cooked meats and one for cheeses. They always discard the first slice of everything. :grinning:

2 Likes