Very Good Service

About 10 months ago I bought myself a Dell Laptop. I have been very pleased with it.

Probably four months ago I noticed some damage to a few of the keys where the coating was wearing away. To be honest I wasn’t very worried about it as it didn’t affect my use of the computer.

One of my kids got onto me about it and said that at least I should report it to Dell before the warranty ran out in February. Last Friday I finally got round to it by going on their web site and uploading a photo. I presume something went wrong in the manufacturing process and the coating didn’t adhere properly to the key plastic

On Monday I received an email asking if I would be home tomorrow (Tuesday) After I replied “yes” they sent an email saying someone would be round between 11am and 1pm.

Well, it is 12.45pm Tuesday, he has been, replaced the keyboard and gone, leaving me a very happy customer.

I didn’t pay extra for home service or anything, it is just part of their normal warranty. Very good service if you ask me.

2 Likes