Deaths to Exceed Births for the First Time

Perhaps it’s because of this :

But isn’t that a good thing?
We are gobbling up the earths resources at a massive rate as everyone wants all that technology has to offer and it all needs power and water to work.
Copper is becoming a rare metal as modern vehicles, wind turbines and data storage devices need tons of the stuff, not to mention the fact that just about everything that moves or is viewed needs a mountain of lithium…
Have we been deliberately shifted from family life and producing kids by tempting us with ‘must have things’ and cheap holidays. Removing the stigma of homosexuallity in public and encouraging same sex marriage does’t help either.

Isn’t It. Queer. !!

I read as far as:

Warning: this story contains details readers may find distressing.

I’m happier not knowing.

1 Like

If it wasn’t for ‘migration’ our NHS would have fallen on its backside years ago!
However i don’t think this ball of rock will run out of people any time soon, but we may have to distribute bodies around the globe to even thing up a bit. :thinking:

Not a bad thing at all - human population EXPLODED after abrahamic religions took hold, devastating our planet like a cancer. We need a reset, and to rid ourselves of religions and govts that just want people to keep breeding and pumping out soldiers and slaves.

We weren’t supposed to live like this - everyone should read Civilized to Death by Christopher Ryan it’s a great eye-opener :101:

And why do you think that is Anise?
Could it have something to do with the fact that the medical profession has been made unattractive to our young people. So all the people joining the NHS from other countries were either trained somewhere else, or are prepared to accept poor wages.
The demise of the NHS has not been saved at all…It’s dying a slow death and been replaced with private healthcare…We have the potential to fill the NHS with our own people, so why don’t we?

Not sure how the NHS has been made ‘unattractive to our young people’. Unless you mean low wages and poor working conditions, which seems to be the case.

I don’t see the NHS being replaced by private healthcare, more a question of both working alongside each another - surely there’s room for both to work equally well?

I have no problem with people from overseas working in our NHS.
I have regular treatment at a very busy university hospital 30 miles from where i live, which has a mix of ‘our own’ (as you put it), and many not ‘our own’.
They are all amazing.

Because. BMA. CBS & HCSA. At Loggerheads with the Grey Suit Administration.
Influence to follow the Profession. With the likes of BUPA.
Insynce. With Dentists and Veterinarians

Nothing new there. Quality, well-experienced disciplinary teachers. With no alternative options.
Simply left the Profession in their droves 25+ yrs ago.

1 Like

Yep, that’s more or less it Anise together with other issues like the private sector much more attractive and better paid than the NHS. In my experience (and plenty of it over the last 25 years) the private sector is mainly staffed by ‘Our Own people’ .
I don’t have issues with ‘not our own’ as long as they can speak good English and are experienced and knowledgeable in their field.

I am not sure what migration has to do with it, migration doesn’t increase the world’s population it just moves existing people to different places.

3 Likes

That’s sounds logical to me too … and the stressed planet could do with losing a couple of billion humans except a recovery by Mother Nature would take too long now and really needs us all extinct. Gone. We’re a blight. Parasites.

Just think … a global ageing population and AI waiting in the wings.

1 Like

[quote=“Morticia, post:15, topic:110772”]
“And really needs us all Extinct.
Gone”.
“We’re a blight. Parasites”.

IF Over 75yo

The NHS. won’t be happy, chappies.
Seeing That Mantra “Paraphrased”.

1 Like

That is a very depressing point of view @Morticia, I prefer to think that the entire human population of the planet would fit as a loose crowd in North Yorkshire (1sq m p/p). we are far outnumbered by sheep, cows and insects.

As I said, the human population as a whole will start to decline in about 50 to 70 years anyway, so problem solved. We just won’t be around to see it.

Chin up, soldier on…

1 Like

The art of “bonking” is lost

Is it best to be going out of coming in :laughing:

Or shaking it all about :grin:

I’m curious about how you prefer to categorise doctors such as the chap on the telly, Doctor Ranj? He is very British having been born here. But of course he is not white. One of us or not?
Please, there is no us and them unless you want to create such a divide.

I didn’t mention skin colour Lincs, that was you…
I was referring to the foreign workers that Anise said kept the NHS afloat and from falling on it’s backside…
I asked the question why the NHS isn’t staffed by local workers like it used to be.

You used the term ‘our own people’ and I didn’t understand who you meant by that. It seemed very likely to me that you might have seen, for example, a west indian nurse and thought they were not one of our people. Or a bangladeshi porter in a hospital and thought the same. Even though there’s a good chance both were born in the UK. So I was seeking clarification. What I think, given your clarification, is that you meant British citizens of any colour, creed or recentness. Jolly good.
Given that then, how do you propose that the different NHS trusts go about staffing their hospitals if you want to prevent them accessing suitably qualified people who are not British citizens? In the face of staff shortages of course.