Days out at the Seaside!

I treated myself to a day out at the seaside today.Only a bus ride away for me :+1:

First I went to craft club and we painted pebbles. Unfortunately mine came out looking like a mouldy potato :rofl::rofl:

Then I did the AgeUK tai chi session, really soothing, I came out well chilled :woman_in_lotus_position:

Nice cup of coffee, then a stroll along the prom to the Marine Lake where I found a seat in the sun and read my book, amazing view :smiley:

Then I walked up behind the RNLI shop where there’s a really fun piece of wall art, I love that cat

Back to the shops for a bit of retail therapy……

And then treated myself to a snack in the new German Kebab shop

All in all, a lovely, relaxing day, I’m very grateful to live near a place some people go on holiday to :+1: (even though I still miss London)

8 Likes

It must be Weston,there’s mud?

1 Like

I wonder what’s German about a Doner Kebab shop? And what the difference is between Doner and Kebab? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was surprised by that.I could understand it if they selling Wurst :grinning:

1 Like

Wurst case scenario. :icon_wink:

2 Likes

Yup, miles of it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I dunno really, it’s a German franchise that’s been going for years,

It was very nice

3 Likes

3 Likes

Ok, I will try less hard :grin:

1 Like

Please do :rofl:

I do like the idea of the painted pebbles, though I must agree that yours was not a triumph, there are a group of Mums (I presume) that make them in my local area and leave them about for kids to find. I often see them on my walks (the pebbles not the mums)

They seem to use lots of bright reds, blues and orange colours, perhaps that was your mistake :wink:

As a child Weston Super Mare was my favourite playground, I loved the mud and was always bitterly disappointed if the tide was in

1 Like

We used to go from Cardiff and the parents would tell us that if we missed the train we could walk home across the mud.

2 Likes

I feel the same except for the missing London part due to the way it has become since one of the family’s old pubs was demolished to make room for the elevated part of The Westway :-1:

1 Like

That’s exactly what the group do here Bruce. There’s a little wood in Uphill they call the Fairy Wood and they paint and leave them there for the kids

Fortunately the rest of the groups were a lot nicer than mine! I think I’ll try adding something to it!

2 Likes

I suppose we miss the memory of London as it was. Some of my old stomping grounds still look the same though, Camden Lock and Little Venice, Hampstead Heath, Highgate……

It’s weird because when I go back I expect to see people I knew back then and I expect them to still be the same age they were!

2 Likes

Maybe you have a photographic memory. I sometimes curse mine as at times it can mislead me. It’s good that I have almost instant recall, but occasionally I would rather it left me alone, if that makes sense :man_shrugging:

1 Like

We have a static caravan in Brean,so a walk on the seafront is less than 5 minutes away.
A drive to Western and Burnham is always on the cards,and a picnic on the beach is a must.

1 Like

I have happy memories of “Super-Mud”. I rode a donkey on the beach when I was “Ickle” and swam in the marine lake when I was a teenager. It’s also where I met my Lovely Cousin for the very first time.

It looks like you had a grand day out. There are quite a lot of interesting muriels including tigers and dolphins around the town. I’m not sure if there is a proper trail but I keep promising myself I will take a wander with my camera.

We’re off to BoS this avo.

Thanks for posting.

3 Likes

I love Brean. My Great Uncle Ern and Great Auntie Win used to own one of the bungalows at the foot of the cliff and I loved visiting when I was a kid. He used to help out at the parrot garden

2 Likes

This is the interactive map of all the murals and wall art. I hope you can access it?

Weston Street Art

1 Like