Dash Cam installed

Had a Dash Cam for two years now, got it hard wired in yesterday, will see if this thread attracts folks to post some of their drives, see what I can do when the Micro SD Reader arrives.

1 Like

have had a dash cam for nearly four years, in fact when i bought my current car, its a bit of a faff getting the card out and uploading it so i have never bothered, its just there, just in case

Macy, I intend to have two SD Cards, one for the day to day stuff and one for when I go somewhere different, that is the one that will get uploaded.

I have had a dash cam for a few years and occasionally I do save the video and make a little story out of it but generally it is for those emergency events

A 64Tb card holds many, many hours of video so even when travelling there is several days kept on the card before it starts over writing the older ones.

dashcam

I hard wired mine into the electric seats via the piggyback connector. That way it only powers up with the ignition on. Didn’t want to wire it up to a permanent live side of a fuse.
Also had to place the dashcam top left of the front screen as the sat nav mesh took most of the centre part around the rear view mirror.

Do not rely on those memory cards lasting forever, because they do not. When I needed to run one trip back for a number plate, the card had developed a fault and had not recorded properly. I had no idea when it had stopped working, but the fault was there.

I’ve also got a dashcam Spitty, with a couple of 32gig SD cards and if I knew how to post a video I would…:017:

When the Reader arrives Foxy, I’ll get one of the kids to give me some instruction, and I’ll let you know.

Very professional Bruce, I loved the classical music and was it was interesting to see the speed creep up as the road surface got better at the end. The John Egan track looks great for running, but I bet the temperature was quite high judging by the terrain. just one question though…What’s a ‘Dog Fence’?

I thought that train was going to be something special when I noticed the four power units at the front. I noticed in the first video you were using a ‘Garmin’ but on the second it was a ‘Transcend’…Any particular reason? My dashcam is a Transcend and seems to do the job okay, although it doesn’t record the speed. I also hard wired in into the car, and it comes on with the ignition.

Cheers Spitty, I can download them onto my laptop no bother…In fact that was the main reason I bought a new laptop in the first place, my old netbook running windows seven just wasn’t up to the job…:frowning: Talk about stop start…:069:

I don’t have a dash cam, Spitty, but I do have a dash that looks remarkably similar to yours. :001:

We have a couple of Mobius dashcams, front and back. We’ve had them for a few years now and they both still work perfectly.

They are small and inconspicuous, but don’t include a screen. No problem, though, as I just slide it out of the mount and plug it into my laptop using a USB cable.

The definition is really good, both day and night.

I have a dash cam with a rear camera, mines WiFi so I can download footage to my phone, I could view it through the cloud but I’m not paying a subscription, incidentally, if you format the card every six weeks or so this can extend the life of the sd card, obviously save any footage that’s important…

I didn’t know that Primus…:surprised:

Yes foxy, good practice to format every so often,

:023:

The dog fence was a fence that stretched something like 6000km and was built in the 1880s. It was the longest man made structure. Since it was built it has fallen into disrepair or incorporated into farm fencing as this section was. The idea was to stop the terrible losses of sheep from dingo attack. In the end they gave up on sheep in Qld and went to cattle instead so the fence was no longer needed.

I have come across it in SA, Qld and NT. WA had the rabbit proof fence!

This was an attempt to find the fence near Coober Pedy but I had to turn back because the road was too boggy after heavy rain.

Transcend was my first dash cam but I upgraded to a Garmin just over a year ago it records the GPS location and I have an app that can plot your route on Google maps from the video if you wish (never bothered).

The train was carrying mostly rolls of steel from Port Kembla BHP steelworks and was filmed near Junee.

The Track was in south west Queensland and it was winter (May) so very pleasant temperature but no water of course. Of course it has been replaced by a bitumen road but it was an interesting drive of how things used to be - very easy to get lost.

BTW I said 64Tb card I meant 64Gb card.

Finally here’s some heavy Queensland traffic

Thanks Bruce…:wink:
Is Coober Pedy where they mine Opal? I’ve been watching ‘Outback Opal Hunters’ on TV. I think I prefer ‘Aussie Gold Hunters’ not as valuable but more fun and you don’t need to go underground.
I guessed it was a mistake with the SD card Bruce, at least, I’ve never seen one that big.

Never wanted to embrace technology, but, have to admit I have to (what a Hypocrite), not my fault though, when you feel the need to YouTube.:lol::lol::wink:

Skating away, on the thin ice of a new day.:wink:

saved a lolt of insurance questions when Sue sent this to our insurance company after this guy hit her