Dash Cam installed

Yes Coober Pedy is an opal mining town, they live underground because it gets so hot in summer. The first time I went there I stayed in a motel with rooms underground - I say underground, they basically drill massive tunnels in a cliff face and create a cave.

I have photos and movies but they are not dash cam footage.

This was during the drought in Qld when they were droving cattle on the long paddock.

I have a dash cam in the main car, but I really should put one in the other two as well.

The only footage of interest so far has been when I tried to block a car being chased" by the police during a low speed pursuit. Sadly it got past me on a roundabout.

Had I been on my own and in an old banger, I would have happily made contact if necessary, but my Lovely Cousin was with me, and I was driving the mobility car so couldnā€™t risk damaging her or the car.
Iā€™ll have a look, but I donā€™t think I have the footage now.

I donā€™t have a mini SD card reader so I just brought the cam into the house and plugged the USB lead into my laptop. The sucker that sticks the cam to the mirror has a quick release lever, so it is dead easy to remove and refit in a few seconds.

Mine is wired to a power socket that is only live when the ignition is on, but records for another three minutes after the power is off.
I do want to have power with the ignition off so it will record whilst in car parks though. Partly in case the car gets damaged, and partly in case some nasty unregulated parking scammer ghost tickets the car.

Exactly why we got ours. They remove any doubt as to fault.

RS, This looks awful - was the guy ok? He just sat there stunned for a second, before collapsing!

yes he was ok just a little shaken. He came around to our house to say sorry and i showed him this video mainly to stop him disputing whose fault it was, not that he would have done but always better to prevent arguements before than after. This was sent to our insurance company as well
Far better than trying to explain, thank goodness I insisted both our cars are fitted with dash cams
Sue was driving I wasnā€™t there

Oh thatā€™s good for all concerned then, RS. Having been in a few accidents myself (which is why I have never had driving lessons, nor owned a car), its a pretty shocking experience. Glad it was all resolved, and no harm done :smiley:

I also keep a small compact camera in the car as well.

My Dad was a crap driver, he only ever had one accident, but he watched hundreds happen in his rear view mirrorā€¦:shock:

If youā€™re reading this Dadā€¦Sorryā€¦:frowning:

Ha! Gosh, sounds like mineā€¦he used to drive over roundabouts, rather than go around themā€¦!

Iā€™ve only ever done that once - as a passenger in large car driven by a blind drunk driver, i.e. although short-sighted, he refused to wear glasses and heā€™d drunk the equivalent of eight pints of beer ā€¦ it was unexpected, unnerving and, fortunately, uneventful.

However, since the large roundabout was on a major road, the tyre tracks entering and leaving a grassy knoll, which, itself, remained undisturbed, were the object of local interest and some speculation for several days ā€¦ :wink: