Cryptic Films

This clue consists of three synonyms and a code making up the four word title. The tricky one is the second synonym which is an anachronistic English word for homestead derived from old Norse. It became a suffix for many villages where the Vikings invaded from the far north of Scotland to Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and as far south as Suffolk, where a significant town has it.

The success of this late 60s film spawned a series and the 21st century remake has belatedly done the same.

Planet of the apes

Well done Feey :038:

It’s been given as a wrong answer a few times so I thought it was time it was a right answer but the clue had to be a bit contrived - Plane[t of T][He Ap]es.

It all yours…

ok easy one now

windup fruit

Clockwork orange?

PR, I think Feey may still be working so he could take a little time to come back to you. Your answer must be right.

Working?.. oh yes I vaguely remember that! :slight_smile:

Me too!

yes sorry i was in work you are of course correct over to you purplerainbow

No problem Feey. Someone has to keep the country going!
Next: on?

No Return?

No Amac

Switch

Not that one Feey. Amac you sort of on the right way of thinking.

PR, this could have a lot of perfectly good answers for example:

The Edge of Reason or The End of Evangelion or maybe even The Happening (on = happening).

Ok perhaps a bit vague! Further clue. The star of this very well known film had a fear of spiders, leading to a stuntman doing some of the takes in one scene.

No way back?

Doctor No?

Well done Amac - Dr No