Cryptic Films

This film was on a controversial topic, particularly in the US, which may partly explain its mixed fortunes, despite good performances from two past winners of the Best Actress Oscar.

If you get the 4 letter genre, the chances are you’ll get the one word title…

One of the Oscar winning actresses in this film was born with a name that’s an anagram of that of a British Gold Medal winning pentathlete. How’s that for an obscure clue…

Rendition?

Well done again PR! r[end it]ioN and the actress was Meryl (Mary) Streep. Over to you…

Thanks Amac. Next: Embarrassed by supermarket altercation.

Red Sparrow

Straight to it Devo. Well done. Thought it might have lasted a microsecond or two more!

Here’s an immensely enjoyable film…

Beat generation

Ice Age?

No, much, much older than that one.

Best years of our lives?

No. The film you are after is from the previous decade. It won an Oscar but not for best film.

Free Soul?

Not that one. This clue took a lot of thesaurus diving.

Lost boys

Swing Time?

Yes, Swing Time it is which won the Oscar for best song with The Way You Look Tonight, which is performed with amusing effect in the film, reckoned to be Fred & Ginger’s best. I know I enjoyed it.

Thanks Devo. I don’t remember any bad Astaire and Rogers films but I must confess it’s a long time since I watched one…

Next a fairly complicated clue for a very famous, successful and popular film. I’ll be impressed if somebody gets this one without any additional clues…

Single level detached homestead on a lot with a Spanish site.