Cryptic Films

Doctor in the House???

No, afraid not. This film starred one of the biggest British stars of the 50s and 60s whose whole family seemed to be in acting careers. The book it was based on, from one man’s war experience, gave rise to a popular TV series a few years later.

I’ll go and have a lie down!

Danger Within

No, mid fifties and one of the actors is better known as Eric Sykes next door neighbour…

The TV series that followed the film starred David McCallum and Robert Wagner…

The Colditz Story

Correct Devo (The cold it’s Tory). Over to you.

I kicked myself when I dug out that one. I think this might go quicker…

Turn of Polly’s Queenie?

I think this one might need a clue Devo…

This film is a bit of a cult classic from the 50s. The clue is pretty straightforward but does require a bit of music knowledge.

Harvey?

No. This film is from the other end of the 50s and has a classic poster that is probably seen more than the rather disappointing (I thought) film.

The Graduate

Earlier than that. Plus that film is completely believable as was Harvey. This film is unlikely to ever happen for real. It was very much a B feature and do not have any well-known actors. But, as I said, it has still attained cult status.
Think on the musical aspect of the clue and the film title will quickly follow.

And I’ve just realised there is a subsidiary clue inadvertently provided in an earlier post.

Pulling on all of my knowledge of singers brought up on Dorset sheep farms:

Attack of the 50ft woman?

Yes, that’s correct!
The music reference being P.J.Harvey’s 50ft Queenie.

I spent 2 weeks on a sheep farm in Dorset in 2015 but no sign of PJ Harvey. If you wanted to see a 50 ft woman couldn’t you just have taken a trip to Ilfracombe? Next to follow.

Next:

Aristocrat acquires a sovereign.

I’ve been and it is quite impressive…for a fibreglass copy of a medical picture.