Cryptic Films

No Dextrous. One short word answer.

Mame?

No Amac, but right thoughts.

Oh dear harder than was meant! The actor who “portrayed” the main character as an adult married the actress who “portrayed” the main character’s mother.

Bambi

Correct Devo - well done. B.A. M.B. (2 degrees) I (me)

I cannot take the credit for finally getting that, it goes to Mrs Devo. Next film:

Might Boris risk decapitation with this film?

M?..

No. This title has a lot more letters.

This film is over 50 years old and, in some ways, very much of its era. It stars a very well-known and revered actor who is also the father of another well-known actor.

The Big Sky (as in Boris Spassky and Kirk Douglas)?

No. The title is a bit punny and features some famous people (at the time, maybe) in cameos.
I saw this film ages ago and one scene, with a Doris Day soundtrack, has stayed with me.

Devo, I realise it doesn’t fit all the clues but it would have been apt, given Dominic Cummings plans this week if it was Hitchcock’s “The man who knew too much”. However I think the only clue it fits is the Doris Day soundtrack…

I should make it clear the DD soundtrack bit applies to one scene only.
As for Johnson, he is largely a manufactured character and that includes his name.

The actor in the title role is Canadian.

Devo - I guess it has to be a Donald Sutherland film but can’t see any that fit the clue. From the cameo remark it would seem to be either M.A.S.H or The Dirty Dozen but can’t see how either tie back to the original clue.

You’re right. This is one of his less well-known films and is heavily influenced by a famous Italian film.

The decapitation is a literary allusion.

Fellini’s Casanova??

No. The title is three words and is a pun of a classic Victorian novel.