Covid booster jab to be offered this Spring

You fill yer Boots with Twttr, then, OGF, I am not interested - and I very much wish the mainstream media would stop reporting stuff that goes down on Twttr as if it is real news - it is just opinion and comment that has often not even been fact-checked.
I think sites like this are the scourge of modern society.

They are the future Boot… :sunglasses:

So are Smartphones, OGF! :wink:

Yep, they are making it very difficult to mix in today’s society without one.
As the older generation pass into history, the younger generation will not know life without a smartphone…

You can’t because the antibodies disappear after 3 months max and I don’t think they have a test (that’s cheap) for T cell immunity.

1 Like

I think twitter if fabulous for bringing up bits of news that are missed otherwise. So if something happens locally I will check it on twitter. But you do have to take it with a pinch of salt. It’s an opinion site so a very mixed bag. Since the musk takeover there is less actual news on there.

1 Like

Good evening Annie, and I agree with you. You can cross check some of the information on there, but there is a lot of weird stuff at times…
:astonished:

I’m a twit that don’t belong on Twitter, just go with yer gut, that’s all you can do.

It’s good for breaking news. Often there before the main stream pick up.

2 Likes

Twitter is an (almost) free speech platform (it certainly wasn’t before Elon Musk took it over). Its where information is shared way before the media and the government have had time to spin it, lie about it and cover it up (as we see with Isabelle Oakshotts release of the WhatsApp messages during the pandemic from the government).

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s free speech. It’s about as free as any bot algorithms allow. It’s just a bit more random before any bots kick in.

Well, the banned people are back on the platform which is more than I can say for others.

I have just received an invitation for my spring covid booster vaccination on 12th April.

1 Like

i expect there will be an invite awaiting my return, and yes i shall have it.
i know there has been a lot of waffle on the subject, but as an ex-miner who is still breathing it will be my sixth jab, and it may well be a load of ball-wash but what if its not?.. I’m sure we all know someone who has departed was it covid or was it whatever, i dont care, this pin cushion will be in the queue.

3 Likes

Both my wife and myself will have our sixth jab as and when we get offered. No side effects whatsoever. Would we still be here had we been non believers? Who knows, but we’re not prepared to take the risk. Bring 'em on!
Also we enjoy our foreign holidays and we can’t go without showing proof.
Possibly now we can but I’m taking no chances.

3 Likes

when i left England last october i had to show proof, but not when landing in Goa. and like you i will be quite happy to have my sixth

I had my covid Spring booster today. It was a Moderna Spikevax bivalent vaccination.

1 Like

That’s good Scott, I hope it all went smoothly for you.

My daughter’s vaccination is booked for 29th April and mine and Mr M’s is on 3rd June.

1 Like

Mine is booked for this month. So far I have not had any adverse affects. My wife had some slight discomfort.

I got a text message plus an e-mail today about the spring Vac.