Covid booster jab to be offered this Spring

I’m in two minds about getting the Spring booster…I’ve had all of them + plus the pneumonia vax…unfortunately I got pneumonia & covid this Winter…would these two diseases have been more serious or finished Me off if I hadn’t been vaccinated?..I don’t know…and neither does anyone else apparently.

Well it has been proved that the covid vaccine does reduce your resistance to other infections May. Perhaps you wouldn’t have caught anything without the vaccines.
If it aint broke springs to mind…

Funny how all the “anti-vaxxers” are still alive

2 Likes

Has it?
Which other infections does it reduce your resistance to?
If there is any scientific proof of it, I would be interested to read the full details of it from a credible scientific source.

Personally speaking, I have not noticed any reduction in my immune responses to other viruses and I’ve had Pfizer mRNA vaccine for my initial vaccinations and all my subsequent boosters.
I’ve only had one lot of common cold symptoms this Winter and my immune system mounted the usual response and dealt with it quickly, as usual.

Well it has been proved that the covid vaccine does reduce your resistance to other infections
[/quote

Oh please…I may be undecided but I’m not swallowing that guff…as for twitter…it’s strictly for birds…mainly Cuckoos :laughing:

2 Likes

@May - just to be clear - those words which look like a quote from me are not my words!

I am sceptical of claims like this too and I wouldn’t go to Twitter for medical advice, either! :wink:

1 Like

Sorry Boot…made a mess of the quote…was in reply to OGF,x

1 Like

You are probably right Boot, considering Chris Whitty and most of the government post on twitter.
Chris Whitty

I have never been a member of Twitter, Tik Tok, Instagram or any of those so-called social media platforms.
I have no idea why medics or politicians muscled in to what was supposed to be a social media platform but the whole kit and kaboodle leaves me totally disinterested.

Some folk can’t stand smart phones - some folk can’t stand social media -
Different strokes for different folks. :grinning:

Twitter should not be dismissed Boot, in the most part it contains news and views that are banned by OFCOM on the MSM. There are some very eminent scientists and medical experts that you have taken advice from over the last few years. Of course there are cranks, and people have to decide who to follow.

You fill yer Boots with Twttr, then, OGF, I am not interested - and I very much wish the mainstream media would stop reporting stuff that goes down on Twttr as if it is real news - it is just opinion and comment that has often not even been fact-checked.
I think sites like this are the scourge of modern society.

They are the future Boot… :sunglasses:

So are Smartphones, OGF! :wink:

Yep, they are making it very difficult to mix in today’s society without one.
As the older generation pass into history, the younger generation will not know life without a smartphone…

You can’t because the antibodies disappear after 3 months max and I don’t think they have a test (that’s cheap) for T cell immunity.

1 Like

I think twitter if fabulous for bringing up bits of news that are missed otherwise. So if something happens locally I will check it on twitter. But you do have to take it with a pinch of salt. It’s an opinion site so a very mixed bag. Since the musk takeover there is less actual news on there.

1 Like

Good evening Annie, and I agree with you. You can cross check some of the information on there, but there is a lot of weird stuff at times…
:astonished:

I’m a twit that don’t belong on Twitter, just go with yer gut, that’s all you can do.

It’s good for breaking news. Often there before the main stream pick up.

2 Likes

Twitter is an (almost) free speech platform (it certainly wasn’t before Elon Musk took it over). Its where information is shared way before the media and the government have had time to spin it, lie about it and cover it up (as we see with Isabelle Oakshotts release of the WhatsApp messages during the pandemic from the government).

1 Like