Covid-19 Vaccinations

Both my grandchildren had their second vaccinations yesterday, they had the Moderna vaccine.

Last night my granddaughter complained of a pain in her chest, whether it was due to the vaccine or maybe indigestion we don’t know but she is fine this morning.

I’m pleased the whole family is double vaccinated now. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s good to hear @Mags and I bet it does ease the mind too.
I’m wondering if they will start vaccinating the over-12’s which would mean Zaphod Junior being elligible at last.

1 Like

I hope they will Zaphod, it will give you peace of mind to know your son will have some protection.

1 Like

Hi

Covid is certainly getting more common again.

With winter coming it will soon be in the news again.

2 Likes

@swimfeeders … yes it’s worrying times isn’t it Swimmy :worried:

It does seem to be on the rise again … I’m hearing of more folk contracting it. In fact … it’s on here I’m hearing of them, or of their relatives or friends.

The new daily cases seem to have got stuck in the mid 30,000’s too.
Not too reassuring.
It increasingly seems it’s just something we’re gong have to learn to live with …

Hi

Morti it is not good news.

Hospitals are in a mess, last time I was in there where 14 ambulances waiting to get in to Pit Stop and then hours on a trolley in the corridors, with no distancing to get a bed or even to be discharged.

I got pinged even though no wait for me, straight to Resus.

One bay in CCU was given over solely to Corona Patients.

1 Like

It seems to be a worldwide situation, NSW hospitals are definitely under stress with this outbreak, seems to be the same situation in the USA too according to this recent report.

1 Like

How many of you have had your Booster Covid-19 vaccinations and did you have any reactions to it?

Yes, so I shan’t be bothering with anymore jabs. Certainly not Pfizer as I was okay with AstraZeneca

I had my booster last Friday … off and on over the weekend I felt a little nauseous, nothing too bothersome, and on Monday started with a prickly itchy type of tingling … which I still have now. It’s like a crawly tingling under the skin and pretty much all over, especially my tongue and face, not enough to make me scratch but annoying.

I have had eczema in the past but nothing has bothered me like this for years …

As you can see it been almost 6 months since I got mine and no ill effects at all to report. Thankfully.

Had my booster yesterday and I’ve been quite poorly this time round, I had no ill effects whatsoever with the first two jabs but since I had booster I started with a very sore throat, headache and generally feeling of what I would say mild flu symptoms, I’m hoping it passes quickly as most seem to do. Oh and my arm hurts like heck this time too but ne’er mind, I’ll live

2 Likes

Was your booster the same vaccine as the first two LQ? Mine was a Pfizer after two Astra Zeneca.

Yes Scot, I had the pfizer all three times. I am wondering if it’s because I caught Covid a couple of months back, perhaps that is the reason? I don’t know but I do know I feel a bit rubbish right now, I’m sure I’ll be better in the morning as apparently the symptoms don’t stick around long.
Were you ok with yours Scot?

2 Likes

Yes. I was ok thanks LQ apart from a tender spot on my arm.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you had a bad reaction Queenie, I hope it doesn’t last long and you will soon be back to your old self again. x

1 Like

Australia hits 80% double vaccinated with some states reaching or on the threshold of 90%.

@scot37, That’s ok Scot, it’s where the needle came out the
other side !!
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Well six weeks after being notified for our boosters we finally
got a phone call from an acquaintance whilst l was watching
the portugese Moto GP and having a pint, that if we went to
our local vac centre we might get our jabs !!
This after being told they were open twice this week allready
only to have them cancelled again at the last minute ??
However, we booked a taxi and were on our way in 10 minutes !!
Every thing went off great and we were back within one and
a quarter hours ?
So it seems that the 119 number of the NHS has some sort of
problem connecting to to local systems as our Melton centre
was never presented to us by the 119 NHS system??
If that makes sense ??
Hope they get it sorted by the next time we need a jab ??
Seems our local granny system works better than the high tech
professional network ??
Donkeyman! :grin::grin:

I’m pleased to hear you have had your Booster jabs at long last DM :+1:

Fingers crossed you have no bad reactions from them. :crossed_fingers: