Covid-19 Vaccinations

18 year old granddaughter has had hers.

Other news, UK records 11 coronavirus deaths with zero across entire Midlands

Iā€™m glad to see that the vast majority of teenagers are taking up the offer and not listening to the ā€˜Deltasā€™ :wink:

Or Piers Corbyn? :lol:

According to the inevitable epidemiologist on TV talking about our Bondi outbreak there is evidence that the longer the time between injections of Pfizer and AZ the more effective they both are. Currently the AZ is 12 weeks apart hence my second injection occurs on the 5th July but it was suggested even longer is better.

There you goā€¦

Ok, what are peopleā€™s preferred vaccines? It looks like Iā€™m going to have no social life whatsoever again unless I get the jab. I canā€™t go through another year this way.

Not sure how anyone can know that, Teacup - not unless we tried all different ones to compare? :slight_smile:

Maybe Iā€™ll sit on the fence longerā€¦

I honestly couldnā€™t stand another year like last. I will probably delete my profile soon and go off the grid as usual. Just reaching out

That is not possible.:lol:

Well, not to the Layman.:slight_smile:

[SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Iā€™d say it is possible to pick a vaccine based on the info available so far and if you relate that to your personal needs. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]All vaccines have been approved of. So any answer to that question will be a personal one for the time being. Because of my health issues I wouldnā€™t want a vaccine that has a certain record of leading to clots however rare that risk might be. Hearing about the risk of myocarditis among younger males sounds less of a risk to me. And then I didnā€™t like our authoritiesā€™ decision to reserve one vaccine for the under 60 exclusively after they had warned the public that over 60 year olds should not get it.
All that made me decide in favour of one vaccine and I had to go to some length to finally get it. If my daughter werenā€™t a clinician, I wouldnā€™t have had any chance of getting it.
Clearly, I donā€™t know if that was the right choice. Only time will tell. I just wanted to make that decision based on the knowledge and information I had at the time. The shortage of vaccines as well as the generally slow process and the poor management of vaccinating the population is just appalling.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I would have thought that the preferred vaccine was one that worked, if the scientific studies are to be believed (and why shouldnā€™t they?), so far they all appear very effective.

Take whatever you can get, depending on your age the disease is more likely to kill you than the vaccine.

Both my grandchildren had their vaccinations this afternoon, they both were given the Pfizer vaccine.

2nd vac in September.

Just watching the 11am Premiers Press Conference (what else and I going to do? Iā€™m in lockdown.)

The NSW Health Minister gave some interesting statistics about one superspreader event. This was a western suburbs birthday party attended by over 30 people one of whom was infected with the Delta variant. (no one who attended did anything wrong)

From this party 24 people have so far tested positive for Covid, they were all unvaccinated but 6 attendees were frontline health workers who were fully vaccinated and one was a Aged Care worker who had received one dose none of these vaccinated people have tested positive for Covid.

The message is obviously ā€œGet Vaccinatedā€

My daughter received her second Moderna vaccination this morning, it was brought forward from late July.

Thatā€™s the whole family vaccinated now, bar the second jabs for the grandchilren.

I feel weā€™ve now done our bit towards helping things get back to normal.:slight_smile:

I received my second AZ vaccination today so now I have completed that. I guess I am one of the less than 5% of the population that has two shots in our pathetic vaccine roll out.

The nurse told me that they were talking now that a 12 monthly booster would be necessary but that it wonā€™t be AZ even for us over 70s that particular vaccine will be gone by October.

She gave me a leaflet on how to get my Covid Certificate now I have completed my treatment. I notice the leaflet has a QR code so I will try that later.

Thatā€™s good news that you have received your 2nd vaccination Bruce, well done! :023:

I was on my walk this morning when I noticed a very slight pain in my upper right arm, ā€œAhā€¦ā€ I thought, ā€œThatā€™ll be my covid vaccination!ā€ and I continued on my way thinking how brave and stoic I was.

It was only as I neared home when I remembered that the Covid shot had been in my left armā€¦

That made me laugh Bruce :lol:

Sounds like old age is setting in! :wink: :lol:

Psstā€¦ā€¦ we still think you are very brave though :mrgreen:

Got my certificate from MyGov (Iā€™ve edited it for obvious reasons) Iā€™m certified!

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

Pfizerā€™s COVID-19 vaccine has been approved for children aged 12 to 15 by Australiaā€™s medical regulator.

People 16 years and older have already been provisionally approved by the regulator, but the TGA had been asked to look at whether the vaccine was safe for younger people.

Although the vaccine has been approved for this younger age group, they wonā€™t be included in the rollout for some time due to the PM, Scotty from Marketing, completely stuffing up the vaccine roll out.

1 Like