Covid-19 Vaccinations

You know what I meant, cheeky chops. :smiley:

Oh, no Sundays then?
I read somewhere that some countries were working 7 days a week and 24hrs a day to get everyone vaccinated.

Blow that ey, I wouldn’t fancy going out at midnight for my jab. :slight_smile:

:042:

Personally, I don’t have much fear of medical interventions, on my body!

What does cause me stress is the lack of advance warning of how, where and when.

Frequent cancellations of procedures, difficulties with contacting Doctors, hanging on phone lines for long periods, simple communications.

There might well be plans, about what’s going to happen to you, but they seem reluctant to share such plans with the patients.

I repeat, stress is the result of not being kept in the loop.

:cry:

That may yet be an option in the UK, in order to meet the February target:

Vaccines minister Nadhim Zahawi said nobody should be asked to travel more than 10 miles to get a vaccine once more centres open.

Asked on Today why the centres were not open 24 hours a day, he said it was “more convenient” for older people to attend during the day.

“If we need to go to 24-hour work we will absolutely go to 24 hours a day to make sure we vaccinate as quickly as we can,” he said.

But he cautioned: “We are limited by the amount of vaccine that is coming through the system.”

There is a limit to the amount of any vaccine coming into the system and that’s the number of glass vials available. There is a global shortage of these according to a newspaper report I read last week.

On the bright-side 

Thanks Omah.

I would only go during the day, I don’t like night driving.

Three days since having the jab and both of us have no symptoms of tiredness, aches or pains or anything else.

All well in Mags Manor! :smiley:

That’s really good Mags.
I’m very pleased for you both.

Thanks Mups :slight_smile:

Glad you’re both feeling ok mags, asking around at work no one has any side effects, apart from the odd sore arm, I feel absolutely fine

That’s great to hear, Primus

That’s good Mags :slight_smile: my Brother is having his vaccination today, his wife is too young to have hers at the same time she is 78 he is 84.

Just got the telephone call to get mine done, at the local surgery, on Saturday.

Short sleeved shirt to be worn - must be going to be a hot day?

:lol:

I hope your Brother’s vaccination went smoothly Meg and I hope you will receive yours soon.

It’s always a bit scary when a new vaccine or medicine is released and it’s only natural we are a bit wary of it when it’s released to the public. I hope, if folks on here read reports from other members, they will feel more confident at having the vaccine themselves, which will go a long way to helping get rid of this dreaded virus.

The Flu vaccine is modified every year
We don’t fear that
Neither should we fear the C19 vaccines

There is a lot of controversy here about the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine not being good enough to provide herd immunity as it is only up to 60% effective. No one denies it is better than nothing but not good enough to stop the virus.

60% is more than enough to prevent spread Bruce. No vaccine is 100% effective. People are too hung up on the statistics. Let’s wait and see what happens when most people are vaccinated.

:023:

That’s not what the epidemiologists are saying.

Acording to them a 90% effective vaccine only requires 60% of the population to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity (eg measles). A 60% effective vaccine requires 100% of the population to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity.

The flu vaccine is only 30 to 50% effective and no herd immunity is ever achieved.