Covid-19 Vaccinations

That is you choice Foxy & I hope you never need to regret it!:slight_smile:
I have a minimum of 4 jabs a day ( owing to my diabetes) and they have kept me alive for over 35 years
 so I don’t think another couple of jabs each year will bother me.:lol:
I work on the theory that it is better to be safe than sorry, which I think is better than lying in an Intensive care unit unsure if I will survive.

How did you get the vaccine, do you have to apply or do they call you ?

They either send you a letter or text inviting you to make an appointment. My mum had a text but I heard on TV that some areas are posting letters.

I can understand your concern Twink, and am glad that you will be doing what you think is necessary to avoid Covid.
But I won’t be catching it, that’s why I won’t have the vaccine. It would be like using nicotine patches when I don’t smoke
:smiley:

Don’t understand how you can know you won’t catch it foxy, have you made your own vaccine and keeping it to yourself :lol:

I struggle to grasp your point of view Foxy, this virus is never going to go away and is something we are going to have to learn to live with, so unless you confine yourself forever more to a solitary existance in your own private space then what other form of protection will you have? :confused:

Good to hear you are both ok and you ,Primus, will be checking in again tomorrow, stay safe, everyone.:slight_smile:

Queenie :slight_smile: we received a phone call from our Health Centre on 5th January offering us an appointment to have the vaccine on 9th January. Everything went smoothly.

I don’t believe I will catch it either, as long as I abide by the rules, the only reason I’m not having it yet is,severe allergic reaction to a drug, so must speak to gp first,
at least members are polite to you, I got accused of everything under the sun.when I said I may not be having mine.:shock:

I do think many people may have to cancel their holiday plans as many companies will require proof of vaccination before allowing a booking.

I know that you guys would really miss me if I caught the virus and shuffled off my mortal coil, and I am grateful for your concern
:wink:

However, each year there have been some quite frightening viruses doing the rounds, and some of them have probably produced similar results to the Covid19 virus. I have remained virus free since 1995 (and I can trace exactly where I caught it) So, in those days I was an active member of the community, delivering parcels and letters to a wide base of customers, and remained virus free for all those years. Nowadays my circle of friends is very small, and I prefer my own company when out running and walking, so I believe my odds of catching the virus (any Virus) are even better that the last 26 years of my life. So If I can manage to dodge the virus just like the sixty five million who have not caught it yet, why would I need the vaccine. If I can manage another 26 years I will be 96 years old, so then I might re consider having the vaccine.

Seems a little like not bothering with house insurance because you’ve never had a fire
 :wink:

There are probably a few lying in intensive care with covid who had the same attitude as OGF. Anybody can become infected by this virus.

:023:

What’s house insurance Barry?

Although you have to work out the odds
:cool:

Very glad Mr.Mrs Mags and Primus are all doing fine.
That is most reassuring. :023:

Have just heard that the medical centre where we went yesterday has vaccinated 1,100 patients since Thursday. :038:

Do they work all weekend Mags?

What Mups, the vaccine or the health centre?..

Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, Mups. The staff come there from other Health Clinics.