COVID-19: Six Omicron variant cases detected in Scotland, authorities say

I don’t know OGF. But I’m a bit suspicious, especially when one recalls the phrase “it’s a good day to report bad news”. Just a bit coincidental at times.

1 Like

It’s all about money with everything.

1 Like

Bad news used to be Local, just before an election, this pandemic is global apparently, so, is the NWO involved?

just a video about the new variant

1 Like

I used to watch him every day when all this first kicked off. Very interesting and informative man :+1:

Sorry, am having problems posting links from my phone!!

Have just seen an article about how the head of Moderns said basically that there’s not a cat in hell’s chance that the current vaccine will be effective against Omicron.

Given that to date Omicron doesn’t seem to be that troublesome, then does it matter if there isn’t a vaccine in place?

Second, call me a cynic, but there’s a hint of suspicion in my mind that the main man was kinda starting a sales pitch for their next, all improved, more singing more dancing model, a bit like Apple does with its iPhones!!

1 Like

2+2 = a very probable 4!

She told MSPs that those affected had been self-isolating since then.

She said the cases all traced back to a “single private event” on 20 November.

Ms Sturgeon added: “We fully expect that there will be more cases identified over the coming days that are also linked to this event.”

A total of 22 cases of the new variant have so far been confirmed in the UK.

Five of the nine Scottish cases are in Lanarkshire and four are in the Greater Glasgow and Clyde health board area.

Ms Sturgeon said the lack of any known travel or overseas connection to the cases suggested there was community transmission of the variant in Scotland.

“However, the fact that all known cases are so far linked to a single event suggests that this may still be limited,” she said. “Indeed, there is so far nothing in the wider look back exercise that Public Health Scotland has undertaken to suggest that community transmission of the new variant is either sustained or widespread.”

While any possible links with the COP26 climate summit were being investigated, the timing meant this was “improbable”.

This outbreak may yet be isolated … :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Oh! I just mentioned that on your daily Covid thread :joy:

1 Like

No problem … the forum can accommodate both union and independence … :+1:

1 Like

If they’re self-isolating then their symptoms can’t be THAT bad, can they?

Reuters: Oxford University says no evidence yet that vaccines won’t protect against severe disease from Omicron

1 Like

You should ask OGF about self-isolation, symptoms and how bad it can get.

Self isolation is easy Omah, you feel that bad that it’s impossible to go out and you think you are going to die! Seriously! You don’t want to see anybody except the Tesco bloke with your supplies…That he left against the gate. We slept most of the time. Although we have lived in virtual isolation since covid began. Only two visits to Tesco per week in the early morning when it’s almost empty of shoppers, and always wearing masks. The only contact we had with other people was when we booked a holiday with our good friends and neighbours. We sat together in close proximity in the kitchen while I sorted out the details on the computer. They had both just received their second covid jabs and we developed the symptoms just three days later, which I understand from test and trace to have been the most likely time when it was passed on. I believe there is a strong possibility that we caught it off them even though they displayed no symptoms.

To me that presents a strong case for having the jab then.
They didn’t get ill and you did.
Good luck with your op :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Smiffy, appreciate you good wishes… :+1:
Lots of people suffer after catching covid Smiffy, Jabbed or unjabbed. I probably would have died from a blood clot or heart attack if I had the jab. At least I’m alive and with a much improved immune system.

You don’t know that you would have got a blood clot or had a heart attack after the jab at all .
It’s more likely that suffering covid puts extra strain on the heart .
Natural immunity wanes pretty quickly people can and do catch covid twice .

I agree with a lot of what you say.We thought long and hard about it and decided to be vaccinated.But only time will tell if we were right.

Risk assessment Muddy, and I decided that the jabs were more risky than catching covid…Still do.
You are only posting the things you have read about natural immunity from the MSM and people who who want you to have the vaccines. They are not likely to report otherwise are they, and anyone who questions it are either silenced, discredited or called conspiracy theorists.

I am going to my wife’s cousin’s funeral on Friday. He died in hospital from covid after his son had advised him against the vaccine.

Some of the Scientist are saying Omicron could be great news,
let’s say increased transmissibility is it’s ‘prime attribute’ and at the same time it only causes mild disease, it could quickly wipe out the other variants and become endemic and that would be the end of the pandemic .
Here’s hoping.

9 Likes