COVID-19: Six Omicron variant cases detected in Scotland, authorities say

• well this is depressing.
1 Like

I’m so scared they will cancel Christmas…I can see it happening :frowning: …

Stay safe Pixie

3 Likes

I’m so sorry PixieK. All we can do is isolate. Please keep safe.

Hugs

2 Likes

I think they will cancel Christmas @summer and Boris shouldn’t wait until a week before it to “decide”…imagine the distraught relatives making plans only to get told it isn’t happening literally a week beforehand? He need to take action NOW. This faffing around isn’t helping matters either :angry:

@Minx I am so with you on the being sick and tired of this entire thing now. I am just SO done with the whole rollercoaster of emotions associated with it. :cry:

I just hope everyone stays safe in the world, :hugs: and this variant just blows itself out. Maybe I should also stay off the news for a bit :joy:

2 Likes

We already made plans Pixie…im not sure how my family will ŕeact if we have to cancel…there will be many tears :frowning: :frowning:

2 Likes

:hugs: @summer I know…I made plans too, and would actually cry with fury and upset if they were cancelled. I think the plan for future is don’t make plans.

2 Likes

It really is so depressing @PixieKnuckles. I too am so fed up with all this. Every time we think there’s light at the end of the tunnel, the tunnel just gets longer and darkness descends again. I have been so hoping to be able to get together with both my kids and their families this Christmas, but now that hope is dying before my eyes.

@Minx I feel for you, out there in SA. Are you in lockdown again there?

3 Likes

I just mentioned to my hubby that Boris might cancel Christmas but he says that won’t happen he will lockdown after Xmas … Boris would be too scared of unrest and unpopularity to cancel

Hubby is usually right in these things

2 Likes

This is exactly what I feel too, @Bathsheba Its ok one minute, then its not…I’m not one for swearing or drama, but I really just want to have a major stress relieving crockery smashing session :joy: I did it once, years ago and it was very therapeutic!

2 Likes

I do hope he’s right @summer - I’m inclined to think he probably is :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Oh I hope your hubby is right, Summer…:+1:

1 Like

Even scarier is that some of the cases in Scotland have no history of travelling.

Meaning that they must have been infected here, and that it’s already in the population

Covid cases have no travel history

2 Likes

Yes I read that too Maree. Its like a mould isn’t it? Just blooms up randomly out of nowhere. Mouldy variants… I just hope it doesn’t affect anyone fatally. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

When two cases were detected down south, my first thoughts were that they were the only ones identified and because the amount of people tested in the population is miniscule, it occured to me that there must be many who have not been tested positive yet and been moving around in the population.
You have got to ask yourself, how can the government be serious about stopping the spread of the virus when the airports are full of people moving from one country to another. All the vaccines and masks in the world will not stop the spread if people are allowed to travel abroad willy nilly. Only a few weeks ago hundreds of people travelled from around the world and descended on Scotland during COP26…

5 Likes

Bet that won’t get a mention in the news though eh? :wink:

3 Likes

My daughter and her partner are coming home from Oz on the 15th and the family has hired a big house for us all, 4 family units, 15 people in all, it’ll be a miracle if we go ahead!!! Everything crossed but I think we need a PlanB…

5 Likes

I’d forgotten about COP26.

Almost always these viruses are in the community before we’re aware of them and I expect you’re right and that could be how it reached Scotland :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Absolutely agree, Foxy. :+1:

2 Likes

It would be terrible if they do. We have family coming over for the states. Doesn’t help that the Government keep changing the vaccines. Apart from anything it is bloody expensive.

2 Likes

@Besoeker I sincerely hope that everybody’s Christmas goes ahead as planned, to be honest. Many people are just getting together with family after two years apart so I don’t think its helpful at all, that a review is happening a week before Christmas. Boris should decide now and let it stand through until New Year, (in my opinion)

1 Like