Corrie

I’ve obviously missed some episodes, so can anyone please tell me where Deidre’s gone? Ken has come back,. now she’s disappeared.

What? No one knows? Come on, please pretty please, spill the beans, someone must know. :smiley:

Mups :slight_smile: Anne Kirkbride (Deidre) is taking a three month break from Corrie and she is supposed to be visiting a friend in the Soap. :smiley:

Aha. Thankyou Mags. That’s a long break! I must have missed some episodes, and wondered where she’d gone.

I came out of that link you sent because some kind of advert for sewing and needlework blocked the page and it was quite a job to get rid of.

I’ve missed 5 weeks worth too, so didn’t know the answer.
I wonder if her health is ok? she did have a problem with lymphoma some years ago.

In Corrie, they were having a Family dinner and Deirdrie couldn’t take it any more with her Son being in Prison for Murder and she broke down in tears and the Family told her to have a holiday to try and get over it.

:lol::lol: it’s just like real life !!! … innit :lol: that’s why I never watch it :shock:

Did anyone else notice that Todd’s cut on his face moved from the LHS to the RHS in the second episode tonight?

Yes Alan, Mr Clumsy noticed it immediately.

Blimey, come to think of it, yes! I remember now.

It was the mirror image, so no, it didn’t change sides…

Here’s a little gem I stumbled across for the dedicated fan.
Did any of you Coronation Street fans know that the Banker in Deal or no Deal played in the soap from 1996-1997 as a Policeman? do you know his name?

The only policeman I remember from Corrie is Betty Turpin’s husband Cyril (can’t remember who played him) but I don’t think it could have been him as he would be too old now.:confused:

I just thought some of the fans would like to know Mags, I always wondered who the banker was in Deal or no Deal and when I looked it up I came across this, maybe it’s the same fella.:slight_smile:

"THE mysterious banker on Noel Edmond’s’ Channel 4 show Deal Or No Deal has been revealed as a former Coronation Street actor.

Glenn Hugill, who played policeman Alan Mc Kenna in the soap, is the hidden voice on the end of the phone, according to the Daily Mirror.
Viewers can neither see nor hear him as he offers contestants cash to quit the game.
Programme bosses have refused to reveal his identity.

But inside infor: "Glenn makes his deals with help from two other executives. A computer works out what to offer but he makes the final decision.

“It’s a vital role - he makes the contestants agonise over decisions, and that’s what makes it so popular.”

Hugill 41 appeared in Coronation Street in 1996/97 as the policeman boyfriend of hairdresser Fiona Middleton, played by Angela Griffin.
The Darlington born actor and presenter is credited as a series producer on Deal Or No Deal"

Well, well, well! :surprised: what a revelation Jem, thanks for that :smiley: The Banker sounds a lot older than a 41 year old … good acting I say!

Roy has just gone “Batty!”.

Yes, he didn’t half batter Gary didn’t he. Most out of character.

Good luck Beth and Kirk.

[I]Please note: Some posts have been moved to the “Corrie upcoming spoilers page” and can be found here …

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=12410&page=6

[/I]

Why doesn’t Steve (now he is Compos Mentis again) sell his Kit Car that has all the no expense spared work done on it, to settle his Tax Bill, and, what self respecting Drug Dealer would bother spending his days, just trying to wind David up.:lol: