Coronavirus

I saw this morning that 14 people tested in the UK were all negative, but 19 more were to be tested.

I thought China were acting really quickly to try their best to contain it.
The papers said they were constructing a 1,000 hospital quickly, and there were pictures of loads of diggers working flat out.
They said the new hospital should be up in 5 days!

Can’t imagine this country acting so quick. We’d still be trying to get MP’s back from their holidays to discuss it!

Have you heard about this soup they’ve been having?

How revolting!

How do you think they feel about haggis or tripe

Maybe they would find those revolting too, Ray - same as I do.

I was a bit concerned about a building going up that fast. Normally you would do surveys of the underlying geology because what if there’s a sinkhole or unstable land mass underneath? You spend time planning the appropriate materials based on the foundation geology. I’m assuming this must have already been prepared for construction previously. A building that they planned to erect which is being modified from housing to hospital. At the end of the day though you can set up a hospital in a tent when you have an emergency. That’s what they do in war zones is it not? It’s more about getting the equipment, medicines and staff in place.

This evenings news stated that 54 have died in China from the coronavirus and that Hong Kong has issued a state of emergency.
2 confirmed cases in the U.S.
I’m taking this one seriously. It may be a tempest in a tea pot, but it could also turn out to be worse than the 1919 flu which killed 100 million people world wide.

It is a principle thing. Have heard of “Belt and Road” ? Do some research on China’s practises on creating debt in foreign countries to exploit later and their infiltration into business and universities and control of the Chinese diaspora. Please don’t take my word for it. Read “The Silent Invasion” by Clive Hamilton which addresses Chinese influence and interference in Australia’s politics, business and places of learning. Also Red Flag by Peter Hartcher is alarming. These people are respected political journalists, not tabloid hacks. The debt entrapment methods of the current Chinese regime are common knowledge around the world… PLease note I DO NOT say the Chinese people. It’s the Xi Chinese Regime. I just think that if Scotland can avoid indebting themselves to China in any way it would be a good thing. Let them build your train or part train what ever it is sure. Just don’t be in their debt.

Isn’t this thread supposed to be about the coronavirus ?

If you look back at the first comment you will see that both the Coronavirus and high speed trains built in Scotland by China are mentioned.

Yep sure is Bakerman even the title of the thread would suggest that.“Chinese Coronavirus” but the old buggers on here soon lose focus and wander off jabbering away to themselves. :lol:

Everything I have read on this virus suggests it is some sort of very strong flu bug starting with fevers,and then hard to get your breathe, possibly being followed up by pneumonia,which I would presume would be the final stage for people with low immune systems.
People being advised to stay away from raw meats, making sure that everything is cooked properly, and not spitting in public.

A touch of the old TB ruling there when spitting was against the law.
God knows what the football and rugby players are going to do probably take a box of tissues on the pitch with them to spit into. Or perhaps put a spitoon or two on the side of the pitch like they used to have in the old cowboy movies. :lol:

Spent many a hour on the fields in my earlier years playing football and can not remember myself ever spitting except possibly one time when I lost my front teeth.:frowning:

An expert immunologist was on tv today. She mentioned an Imperial study had found the virus has a virulence score of 2.5 but in order to contain it this would need to be less than 1. It has managed to spread through uncovered eyes to a medic wearing a safety suit.

All the above Keezoy has also been practised for decades by both
USA and most other successful countries? So l dont think the
chinese are peculiar in this?
I think that going back to the virus we should just take care that we
keep the outbreak isolated unlike the bushfires in ozie?
But allready we have calls to repatriate uk tourists to uk as an
emergency!!! Thus negating the effect of the chinese isolation
efforts?? IGTF!
Donkeyman!

Hooray!! No football till the virus burns out!!
Donkeyman!

Hi

It is interesting that the virus has an unusually high contagency.

China has very strict control measures in place, far more than would be possible here in the UK.

It is also interesting that China has a level 4 Containment Laboratory within a few miles of the city of origin.

Not many of these in the world and only used for research into very dangerous bacteria and viruses.

I must say Donkeyman, I thought the same as you. :confused:

So are you suggesting this virus might have escaped from the laboratory Swim, and might be nothing to do with the meat market they keep talking about?

Hi

Finding the initial point of infection is always difficult Mups.

It would be wrong to ignore the possibility.

The market is definitely involved, but may not be the original source, just the centre of spread.

How do they know the market is definitely involved?

Mups, Actually, l have read this too. That the virus had ‘escaped’ from a laboratory in Wuhan.

Hi

Tractability Mups, it is how we trace all infectious outbreaks.

You interview all affected, find out where they have been, who they have been in contact with etc.

Certain common factors emerge, in this case the market.

You then test others who have been at the same place and not yet been affected and if they are incubating.

It is a standard method of investigation in epidemiology.

It is used all the time, that is how we find the location of Legionnaires Disease out and food poisoning alerts and recalls.