Coronavirus

Do all the Chinese chippies close down ?

They don’t have to go to China they can just go to China Town in London .

galty, It’s always around this time of the year, too! Swine flu, bird flu etc.

I might be cynical but it’s to frighten us and keep us down. Frightened people are easier to rule.

Whatever happened to SARS? That was another scare.

I was hoping to go along to London’s Chinese New Year celebrations, get some photos, Ms d00d thinks it’s bad idea. :017:

Oops, sincere apologies for treading on your toes DM. I didn’t see that you had put this on the General thread. xxx

I heard something on the news about authorities taking everyone’s temperature as this arrive at the airports in the UK?

I agree with Mrs. dOOd.
It is really not worth the risk IMO.
Get your photo’s another year dOOdy.

Chinese are the worst chip makers when ever I order Chinese I always cook my own chips.

Here’s another that I have just seen on Yahoo the lad was lucky by the sounds of things that his mother took charge.

Use the telephoto lens dOOd!
Donkeyman!

I was posting about HS2 on the general thread SG, and my toes
feel ok! My reference to the virus was only incidental!!
Regards Donkeyman!

Not in the least bit phased or worried about the latest “campaign of fear” and flu bug. We’ve seen this all before repeatedly as others have highlighted. Just an excuse for pharmaceuticals to shift more drugs.

People should be mindful of the previous Swine Flu Scam. An absolutely appalling scam perpetrated by the health organisations massively overstating risks. It was reported in the BBC thusly:

[color=“blue”]“the World Health Organisation (WHO) made a “terrible mistake” in causing panic.”

“The result of that was that the world spent billions and billions of pounds on vaccines and anti-virals that will never be used. It is huge waste of money.”

Mr Flynn’s report will be debated by the Council of Europe later.

He claimed that the decision by WHO, a body of the United Nations, to declare a pandemic had been influenced by pharmaceutical companies.

He said: "The firewall that should exist between the commercial interests, the pharmaceutical bodies, and the scientists has been breached.

The situation was also criticised by the Council Of Europe here:

There was also a similar fiasco with the TAMIFLU drug. LOts of pressure to get governments to stockpile it wasting £billions. Reported here:

I’m pleased to see that some people are now getting very wise to all this Big Pharma BS. Artangel quite rightly dismisses any concerns.

You will never get the truth from the medical industry or other peers because as the previous article attests, these people are all operating in collusion with the pharmaceuticals. There is too much money involved and nobody prepared to take on Big Pharma. They are too powerful now.

It’s up to you as an individual to protect yourself and your loved ones any way you can. Keep your immune system in tip top condition. Eat the right foods. Avoid the bad foods.

etc etc

Understand that it takes years and years to perfect a vaccine and get it through all the testing. Thus if the industry suddenly says, “Oh don’t worry we have just whipped up a vaccine for Corona Flu” then be highly sceptical imo.

Some comforting advice for those worried here from WebMD

It explains that the term “Coronavirus” covers a wide number of different viruses which include MERS and SARS.
These were around as early as 2003.

From the website:

[size=4]What to Do About Coronavirus[/size]

"There is no vaccine for coronavirus. To help prevent a coronavirus infection, do the same things you do to avoid the common cold:

• Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.

• Keep your hands and fingers away from your eyes, nose, and mouth.

• Avoid close contact with people who are infected.

You treat a coronavirus infection the same way you treat a cold:

• Get plenty of rest.

• Drink fluids.

• Take over-the-counter medicine for a sore throat and fever. But don’t give aspirin to children or teens younger than 19; use ibuprofen or acetaminophen instead.

A humidifier or steamy shower can also help ease a sore and scratchy throat.

Even when a coronavirus causes MERS or SARS in other countries, the kind of coronavirus infection common in the U.S. isn’t a serious threat for an otherwise healthy adult. If you get sick, treat your symptoms and contact a doctor if they get worse or don’t go away."

Just heard on lunchtime news second city in China Quarantined and all Chinese New Year events cancelled.

Boris says ‘‘We are well prepared for any outbreak’’. Thanks Boris, what does that mean??? because he certainly isn’t at any of our airports!

Likely means they have large stockpiles of anti viral drugs ready to flog to people. What a coincidence that would be "!!!

Thanks Realist, not much comfort when I hear the victims that have died were mainly elderly with respiratory problems, of which I have joined the ranks!!

Get plenty of vit D3

The sun is out today and is beautifully warm despite the general cold weather. I’ve just had 45mins in it sitting outside a coffee shop. You can also buy D3 supplements.

Plenty of vit C too. Eat plenty of lemons in your cooking.

Roast a chicken, then after you eat it put the carcass and bits in a slow cooker with celery, carrots and garlic and cook for 6 to 12 hrs to make a fabulous broth. Easy peasey. Strain the broth and discard all the bones and bits then put some real bits of left over chicken in it for a health boosting soup.

Another great meal is to fry off some chicken thighs (with bone in) to brown them and some onions then bung them in the slow cooker. Add an entire lemon (the whole thinng) cut into 6 moon shaped segments, about 4 or more cloves of crushed garlic, 1 or 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika and a good handful of olives. Let this stew in the slow cooker for 3 or so hours.
It’s a delicious lemony greeky treat packed with goodness.

Grapefruit and orange segmments are great for breakfast. Full of Vit C.

Eat plenty of green veg for other vitamins. Broccolli, green beans, stringless beans, sprouts, kale, courgettes etc.

Treat your body as an external machine that is not really you. Give it the fuel it needs, nothing more.

Breaking News - first 4 cases of Coronavirus confirmed in Scotland.

And guess what city they have just returned from? And the government safeguard is to hand out leaflets at the airports? I despair.

Thought l was on a cooking thread for a moment Realist? You made
my mouth water!
I think theres a lot in what you say about Big Pharma, especially
when its based in developed nations??
Donkeyman!

Four people in Scotland are being tested for suspected coronavirus after travelling to the country from Wuhan, China, according to the head of infection medicine at the University of Edinburgh.

Professor Jurgen Haas said he believes there will be many more cases from other cities in the UK.

He said three cases are in Edinburgh and the other is believed to be in Glasgow.

Tests are currently being carried out and none of the patients have been confirmed as having the disease.

They all travelled to Scotland from Wuhan.

But Realist says not to worry…so that’s allright then :shock: