Coronation Street

Still ain’t watched it for years

Ooo-errr! Things are hotting up in the Rovers Return tonight - even if it is closed down.
I hope this is the night that Stephen finally gets his come-uppance - his performance as the “murdering bad boy” has not been very convincing so far - time he was carted off into oblivion, I reckon.

Let’s hope Tim is finally released from the boot of his taxi and found to be alive - he’s one of the cute good guys. :wink:

1 Like

So close, with that dog sniffing the car and barking. Why didn’t the owner check? Argh.

2 Likes

Ain’t watched it for years, will Stephen accrue as much hatred as Phelan? :smiley:

Yeah, I know you ain’t watched it for years - cos you keep telling us! :rofl:

To answer your question,
I don’t think Stephen will accrue as much hatred as Phelan - not because Stephen is “less of a murderer” but because the scenes where he murders people are less scary and he plays a less believable role as a murderer.

Phelan played a very believable role as a psychopathic manipulator and murderer.
Stephen’s acting as a villain hasn’t been very convincing, in my opinion - he played a better role as a “good guy” in the old days.

1 Like

My Wife summarized that opinion to me a couple of hours ago, corrie was rumbling along in the background, thanks for reinforcing her opinion.

1 Like

Yep, good appraisal Boot…Stephen was a very unlikely bad guy, I’m surprised he got the better of Leo in their encounter. I suppose there would have been no excitement and expectation in future episodes if he hadn’t…
It must be a very small community because Stephen was always earwigging when anything important was being said…
It looks like Tim is okay, but could Peter be accused of murder? And Sarah, among others, being complicit? I’ve a bad feeling that this is going to rumble on until Christmas…
PS:- yes 'Stephen and not Steven…Apologies!

Daniel must be stupid if he can’t see what’s going on with Ryan and Daisy. Had a row with her mother and went to stay in a hotel? A likely story…It would take just a few minutes to check.
It seems funny without people leaning on the bar at the Rovers…I wonder where that story is going.
Nice to see Todd back in his old job, he certainly has turned over a new leaf and I think he suits the job. Tim and Sally seem to be as randy as ever despite his recent heart attack and trauma, I wish the after effects of my heart attacks had been as successful…

Cucumber

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

The Idea that Jenny and Daisy are going to get away with using Stephens’s money to fund the purchase of the Rovers should be a none starter…How on earth has she been able to access Stephen’s account with just a password…I have to jump through hoops to get money out of my own account…First I need an eight digit customer number, I then need a password, and with internet banking I have a token (a small calculator type gadget) that you have to enter a pin number, they then send you another eight digit code number to enter in thirty second or you have to start all over again…And finally…If it’s a large amount, they send another six digit code to your mobile phone…I also think the inland revenue would be interested where the money came from to start a business…

Yes, all that! Been commenting to that effect on other social media. We all wonder if they will get away with it.

1 Like

I think Carla will find out one way or another and threaten prosecution …unless the pub is signed over to her and Peter. Well, it’s a theory anyway. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a good theory mart and bear in mind it’s a soap and everything comes out eventually, after it’s been accumulating tension and bubbling away for a while waiting for the right moment to unleash the truth. Usually on a bank holiday…
Peter is so down and dispirited at the moment and owning the Rovers might be just the tonic he needs. An alcoholic running a pub would be an interesting scenario…
I’ve been so annoyed at the social services keeping Jemma away from her kids, don’t they watch the street and realise that Jemma loves her kids and would never do anything intentional to harm them. I’d tell them [the social workers] where to go in no uncertain terms…

So Tracy is fed up with Steve and was looking for some excitement in her life…That must apply to 80% of all over fifties…I don’t blame her, Steve is a plonker of the first order and I can’t understand why she’s stuck him for so long. Who wouldn’t want to sleep with Wethy County’s leading goal scorer? It’s a wonder Steve hasn’t given half the chance.

1 Like

I wondered if the affair scenario was a prelude to Tracy or Steve leaving the show or taking a break for a while.

Steve seems the more likely candidate because Tracy’s family are all in the Street whereas they have already set the scene for Steve to have somewhere else to go, with his recent “off screen” visit to see his other daughter in France.
Does the storyline still have Steve’s Mum and brother “living in Spain” ?
That’s two places Steve could go to lick his wounds for a while.

1 Like

It’s not mentioned very often Boot, but I believe that’s where Steve goes when he needs a break. I understand that he has been suffering with his mental health over the years and has had to have some long layoffs from the street in the past.
I reckon it will probably be Steve rather than Tracy leaving the street, she’s a fine actor and not too shabby on the eye either… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Here’s a newspaper report on Steves condition…
The 49-year-old was supported last year when he opened up on his struggles with anxiety. He told Lorraine Kelly the condition reached its height in 2015 when he “kept getting really ill”.

He said: “I had heart scans and brain scans, they thought I had vertigo at one point, then we went back to the beginning and my GP then figured out that I had an anxiety disorder and I’d had it for so long.”

1 Like

They could write that into the story line, Steve has a breakdown because of Tracy’s infidelity and goes and lives rough on the Red Rec!!!

2 Likes

Spider Nugent could find him in the undergrowth!!!

Did they ever find that body that Garry buried?
And when will Carla find out that it was factory money that Daisy and Jenny bought the pub with…That Daisy is a one isn’t she…I think Daniel is having second thoughts about her now that she’s a business woman. And I never did like that Bethany, too scheming for my liking and now she’s a sort of journalist don’t mention anything to her or you’ll end up in some sleazy magazine…She would have a field day with me…That’s all I’m saying…
:nerd_face:

Ain’t watched it for years Foxy, when we flip the channels and it comes on accidentally, I always say to the Wife, Blimey is he/she still in it.

1 Like

The hero-worship of Tommy ‘O’ (like he was Lionel Messi) is all a bit strange to me, i fast forward chunks of it, and therefore probably missed some important bits.

I’m sure i remember a few years back the actor who plays Steve (sorry don’t know his real name) appeared in several scenes with a white dog supposedly a new family pet.
I read this was his own dog, who helped the actor relax on set after recently suffering from depression.

Don’t know if there was any truth in this.

1 Like