COP26 police officers sent HOME after taking pictures in ‘sniper positions’ around conference site

But pictures have since emerged of London cops in sharpshooter positions around the Scottish Event Campus arena.

A top officer was forced to send those who reportedly took and uploaded the snaps to Instagram home after reading cops the riot act, a source told the Daily Record.

The chief inspector of Police Scotland had to get up at 3am to “sort it out” after the pictures of Metropolitan cops were shared.

• idiots :roll_eyes:
4 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. :laughing:

1 Like

It’s the Met and I would expect nothing else. Most of the Met see themselves as “super-soldier” and armed response are the worst of the lot. Have gun will travel!

3 Likes

Oh dear, there really is a juvenile mindset among some of them.

They don’t seem to have any sense of the seriousness of their job or be able to understand we need them to be respectful and professional

Instagram? Really? What were they thinking? I suppose they weren’t thinking really, that’s the problem.

1 Like

2 Likes

For a moment I thought you were a poster from another site from long ago, Paladin was his handle .

2 Likes

Its almost , its a requirement for a MET officer.

3 Likes

Stupid is as stupid does … :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Police behaving incorrectly, yet again, and it is wondered why there is less public support for police than used to be the case!

Most people will realise they are not all like that. It’s getting to be though that more and more are found to be behaving in a way that is causing this view of police generally.

In my view there is only one way to combat this negativity towards police and that is more appropriate training of police, even after they may have already undergone the basic ‘necessary training’. Then ‘weed out’ those who are seen to be less than suitable to do the job they undertake and are paid to do.

1 Like

Can you mitigate against this though? They might otherwise be outstanding officers during training, but clearly something is amiss when they think its funny or appropriate to post photos of themselves during working hours, on Instagram…:woman_shrugging:

I feel that signs are there in any person who would behave in this way, much the same as is probably seen in ‘ordinary’ members of the public, there is a ‘type’ I believe. What I was thinking was that regular ‘training’ might either show up those who would do this or the re-training might just change the way they are heading.

That is the same as police who like some, are officious in the extreme, so-called ‘bent coppers’ using their positions to wrongly enforce the law in ‘personal’ ways. That, apparently, is well-known by many police, trying to prove it though is, so I am informed, almost an impossibility.

What bothered me the most is that these are highly trained officers. Yet the K9 four legged members have more sense.

I can’t say it better.

Reference also @Gee3 and the appropriate post #5, that says it all really I reckon!
They are in positions of trust and yet behave in this way!
:frowning_face:

1 Like

There has been rot in the Met for many years and I can remember this lot …the whole sullied crew:-
Corrupt cop who was paid a fortune in bribes in an age when bent coppers were untouchable | Daily Mail Online

The met presided over the National Public Order Intelligence Unit. A unit so far out of control that it’s officers slept with environmental protesters to enable them to spy on them. They also had a large involvement with the Special Demonstration Squad, a group who also slept with protesters & fathered children & where one member Bob Lambert is alleged to have planted a fire bomb in Debenhams, Harrow, back in 1987. But thanks to the fact that the Special Demonstration Squad was run by arms length private limited company. The chief Police Officers Association, even MP’s have failed to get answers to exactly what happened in the Special Demonstration Squad. But Cressida Dick has done all she can to prevent any investigation.

1 Like

We don’t know for sure that a member of the hit squad was responsible for those photos. Lets wait & see.

Well if it was a member of the public…then either the snipers are not very good at their job, or we have a problem with someone looking for snipers! :joy:

A member of the public, that’s unlikely. I’m just thinking it’s more likely a cadet type than a trained sniper.

Ok…maybe. But surely then, its up to the sniper to say something along the lines of “Not now, laddie, I’m working!” My point being… that there is no professionalism surrounding the occasion. The media make it sound as if they are all having a laugh up there on the roof…they have a teddy bear as a mascot for goodness sake! :roll_eyes:

“allegedly”, “a source told the Daily Record”, “according to the Record’s source”

Sorry, big pitch of salt needed.

2 Likes