Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Morning all,

We are going to take our son and 16 year old grandson to Bristol airport today for a flight to Naples. It’s about 100 miles away, so a lengthy journey there and back. Son asked Mr B a couple of days ago if he could take them, and he agreed. However, when he came off the phone, he asked me if I’d go too, because he said he doesn’t feel as confident as he used to when driving distances on his own. Of course I said yes, but honestly the thought of being stuck in a car for around 3 hours in this heat is not appealing to me. And I found myself wondering this morning why on earth his fiancé isn’t taking them? OK, they have a 4 month old baby, but so what? Car seat, air con, what’s the problem? They’re happy to take her on regular 2 hour flights to their place in Spain. I’m a bit peeved to be honest.

Eliza that is a good idea! I shall suggest it to her.

Oh that’s good, not long to go now then. At least your arrival time is a sensible one, not at the crack of dawn as is so often the case.

Have a lovely day everyone - I shall be praying for rain, lol! Oh wouldn’t that be lovely!

Good morning everybody…

I’m having blood tests at out local hospital this morning.

Tony’s coming with me & afterwards we plan on having a meal in Wetherspoons followed by shopping at Aldi.

Phew - I hate this weather. Slept downstairs on the camp bed last night where it’s several degrees cooler.

Have a good day all…

Afternoon all, so hot here.

Glad you have your holiday booked Jazzi, is it the same place where we visited you last?

Have a nice afternoon all.

Susie, no, Broadland Sands, not far from you. Welcome to pop over on the Sunday if you want, after I’ve picked Holly up that morning. Not sorted out times with her carer yet, but nearer the day. She will be with her for 24 hrs, so it depends what I plan to do on the Saturday, for dropping her off.

I’ve had my main meal, lunch time, so this evening will just be cold pasta, and maybe beetroot.

Out in the garden in the shade. Been lots of dogs barking over the back (they have about 5 in an outhouse and all create when the lady goes out to them).

Just idling here on the iPad, till time to feed Holly soon.

Good morning all.

Yes Janet, we probably will, I will let you know nearer the time.

Off into Lowestoft this morning at 8.15am will be back about lunch time.

Have a nice day all.

Good morning all.
Yet another nice day, if you like this sort of weather.
As usual for a Saturday, laundry day. I don’t think I will use the dryer, but I will hang everything on the hanger thing, and leave it in the conservatory. Bet it will all be dry by lunchtime.
I might be going out to a friend later this evening. Waiting for a phone call to confirm.

good morning all,
Not sure what im doing to day , its too hot to do anything …
I put my washing in the Green house to dry , quicker to dry than outside .
Have a wonderful day

Morning all,
God, this heat is really getting me down now. We have rain forecast for Tuesday, but they’re saying it’s ‘light showers’ - come on, please, give us a downpour, something to stand out in and get well and truly soaked!

Probably will be giving daughter and granddaughter a lift to a beach somewhere today, then pick them up later. If only there was somewhere with shade, I’d be happy to stay at the beach with them, even go in the water (bliss!!), but I can’t bear the thought of sitting on a beach in full blazing hot sun.

Whatever you’re up to today, keep cool and enjoy.

Morning all.

I had poor sleep last night and was also disturbed by mouthy neighbours, who I think live a few doors down. Drunk and disorderly it sounded like. The female involved with him is very foul mouthed, and shouts out the profanities. Nice. Not!

Enjoying the early peace and quiet in the garden. No doubt when the sun is full on, so will the noise from neighbours be. In that case I stay in out of the way, and keep cool.

Good afternoon everybody.

It’s much too hot for me. Last night I slept downstairs on the camp bed again with the fan on all night - it was much cooler than the bedrooms. it only has a thin mattress though & I woke up with the most awful backache. I’ve had to take a hefty amount of painkillers to feel functional.

To be honest I’d rather just stay at home all day & relax but Tony wants to go a walk round the reservoir & call in the pub so that’s what we’ll be doing.

I’ve just put a load of washing on but if/when they’ll be ironed is another matter!!

Roll on thunder storms - I can’t wait!!

Have a good day all…

Morning all.

Blimey, that was so hot and stuffy last night I just struggled to sleep. The lure of going back to bed after dog walk and breakfast is so strong…

And the sight of all my washing up isn’t helping.

Good morning all, another hot, humid day.

Not going out today, just relaxing at home, got loads of washing to do, put out on the line.

Cooking a Beef Casserole, that’s going to make the house hot, so will open the windows, do a bit of dusting, cleaning etc.

Have a nice day all.

Do mine in the slow cooker, then there is no heat.

Good morning all.
The cricketers arrived early, just as I was taking myself and Minnie out for our stroll on the field.
Also not going to do much today.

Good morning all
On my walk last evening in the fields I was Stung by a Wasp ,the first time ever happened to me , it clung onto my arm and i had to knock it off.This morning its still Red and Sore .

I booked another holiday last night , this one is for a long weekend at the Norfolk coast .Onwards and upwards.

The heat is still holding on in my rooms even though ive opened up windows and doors ,

Have a wonderful day everyone .

Morning all,
It’s very slightly cooler today, but still too hot for my liking. Roll on tomorrow, when temperatures are promised to be much more manageable, around 23deg, with light rain showers.

Nothing much planned today, think I might do something on my embroidery machine, which I haven’t used for a while. A couple of young lads (brothers, about 12 and 13) are due to come round on their bikes to clean my car today. They were advertising on FB that they were doing car washes in the immediate area for £5. Lots of people were taking them up on it. I shall give them more than a fiver, as my car is pretty dirty right now! Lovely to see kids doing something like this, being enterprising and earning a bit of pocket money, instead of just being glued to their phones or X-boxes.

Whatever your plans, enjoy your day everyone.

Good afternoon everybody.

I’ve had a nice lie in on my camp bed downstairs. I’m getting used to it now & it’s much cooler than upstairs. I didn’t wake up until Tony came down at 11.00! I’ve been doing my back exercises & had a shower.

I skipped breakfast & now waiting for Tony to cook us some sausages for lunch.

This afternoon we plan a walk round the reservoir & call at the local pub.

Enjoy your day all…

Good morning all.
Off again to the hospital for another blood test this morning. Don’t know why as they took enough last week.
There is no change in the weather here yet. Ready to welcome the forecast rain if it ever happens.
I think I told you that my Dr said that I should stop taking the Metformin. I did this and when I did a blood test it had gone up to 7.7. Although it is said that is still good, but in my idea it is high. So I took one Metformin last night, and this morning it has gone down to 6.3. I shall think more about this after my operation.

1 Like

Morning all, hot, sunny and humid here.

Going into Town this morning.

Good luck with the blood test Emjay.

Have a nice day all.

good morning all
Ive no plans for today ,
Have a wonderful day