Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Good morning all.
Done my morning chores. Been to Sainsbury’s for my weekly stock up.
Looking at Minnie and this talk of dog grooming, I think she could do with a trim.
The walking group ‘party’ went well. Most were outside at the tables provided. There was so much grub and liquid. There was so much over so it has been donated to the food bank that is held at the premises where we where.
Dentures. The best thing I did a few years ago was to have implants in the lower jaw. There was not enough bone for the normal denture to hold. I tried everything, but nothing worked. Only had two implants into the bone, and the denture just clips onto them. Cost around 2K.
Nothing else planed for today. So will just let it happen.

Good morning all, a bit milder this morning.
Off out about 8.00am this morning to Beccles to the Carpet shop, need to buy a piece of Vinyl for the Porch, where Wayfair Furniture delivery men damaged it, and Wayfair has given us a refund to get a new piece.

Have a nice day all.

Morning folks.

If I won a sum of money on the lotto I might give implants a consideration, but not right now. And deffo no dentures. Nasty little things, they are.

I have been leaving Holly a lot recently for various trips shopping, etc., so will stay home and pay more attention, play more if she wants to, longer walks if it stays mild and dry. Hoping I can wash that second fleece. The first one went back on the bed last night, smelling gorgeous. So does she, coconutty!

I wish I could clip her myself but being she is a Westie I wouldn’t feel confident enough to give her the right cut. (Plus she is a mare to bathe.) I don’t believe in all the fancy skirt styles, or fluffy legs. She gets clipped right down, and every 10 weeks, by which time I am calling her mop head!

So apart from all that, I hope to do a bit of tidying up. Amazing how quickly surfaces fill up again, of just stuff.

Enjoy your day.

Good morning all.
Very mild out but still muddy on the field?
I don’t really know what I shall be doing today, maybe having to drive my daughter about, as her car is being taken for a repair.

Has anyone seen ArtAngel on here? I don’t seem to have seen here come over from the old site

Yes, Artangel posted just last week I think it was. Not sure of the thread but you can search for posts made if you wish. If I can find it I will edit this post accordingly.
:grinning:

Edited to add:

(Post #55)

Just wondered Baz . there doesn’t seem to be a members list on this site and I don’t know why

There is one way I do know of finding this, there are others I believe. What I do is click on the Over50sChat logo, top left of ‘Forum’ page, then on the right will be all the avatars of those online or who have been online recently, scroll down to the bottom of that list and there’s a line of text about total membership, click on that and all OFC members will be displayed.
:grinning:

that list of who is on line goes across the screen not down. Found it via the 3 lines top right and then on users

When referring to the list of members it was not those shown as online or recently online at top of the ‘Forum’ page, but those on another list found as I described, with the text “View all 10253 members >” which can be clicked on to access the full list of members. See two screenshots below.

Yes, that’s another way of finding the list of members. I did know that way but couldn’t instantly recall that method, brain’s a bit tired today! :sleeping:

The icon with three lines top right, next to your avatar, is I believe known as the ‘Hamburger’ icon as that is what it’s reckoned to resemble. :grinning:

Good morning all, its milder outside today.
Had a good nights sleep, but as soon as I get out of bed, the pain is terrible, oh well at least i’m still breathing.
Nothing planned for me today, just resting.
Have a nice day all.

Good morning all.
Just back from the morning walk with Minnie and it is still dark.
One poor fox seen and I assume it is searching for breakfast, the mass of gulls on the field are not letting it get too close.
Just trying to get my brain in gear and thinking what to do or needs doing today.

Morning all.

Baz and Realspeed, Artangel doesn’t come onto the chit chat thread. Just saying!

No shopping with sis today, she has something more important, like a last minute hair appt. So I shall go to the library, collect my repeat meds and then go into Wilko, M&S and maybe B&M. We are supposedly looking for my present to her, so if her next free day is Monday, she is cutting it a bit fine.

She has decided she just wants something ornamental to put on top of her new sideboard (when she nags a family member to put it together, my guess is a couple of the blokes will be roped in at Christmas).

Susie, take care of that back. Are you bothering with the new painkillers from your gp?

Good morning everyone, just a touch of frost here earlier but warming up now and a dry day forecast I believe.:sunglasses:

Dogs walked and casserole in the oven cooking slowly for lunch. We have visitors again today, we had four generations here yesterday but expecting five today, Mum, us, eldest daughter, granddaughter and great granddaughter, must try and get a photo to post
 :heart_eyes:

Sorry to hear the pain is still giving you hell Susie, it’s really gone on much too long!:flushed:

Wishing you all a pleasant day :blush:

Thanks for that Jazzi, I didn’t think of RS’s query as relevant to a particular thread. I don’t often post in what I now know to be an ‘individual thread’, I thought what was meant was OFC itself. Knowing there was a post only the other day I just posted in reply to the query raised. Brain now in gear before posting!
:upside_down_face: :grinning:

Yes Janet I am, but he has only prescribed for 5 days, to see how I get on with them, if they make me sick or not, so far ok, but not stopped the pain.

Give them time.

Good morning all.
Got the window cleaner coming at 8am this morning, now he can clean the Conservatory windows as well.
Nothing else planned for the day.
Have a nice day all.

Good morning to you Susie and to chatters to come

A good white frost here this morning, first for awhile but not the last I guess.

No plans other than baking bread this morning, then possibly a film later if nothing else turns up.

Wishing you all a pleasant day :blush:

Good morning all.
The weather here for this morning. Northerly light wind, bright blue sky at the moment, and can see clouds to the west,
I had a phone call from the hospital yesterday, cancelling my 3 pm appointment for my knee injections today. Cursing under my breath, she said that “I can give you another appointment at 11am tomorrow, (today) can you make it?” Oh yes you bet I thought. Better than the later one.
So there I go to suffer a couple of jabs into my knee. Well worth the suffering as I find these jabs work for me.