Chip Butty - yes or no?

Continuing the discussion from Chips (french fries) - crispy or soggy?:

On another thread about chips (french fries), the (in)famous chip butty was mentioned.

ca6822a90093f8300db734e5f6d554aba72ceddb_2_484x600

Are you a fan or not so much? (people can see what you voted for. Choose wisely.)

• Chip butty - yum!
  • Chip butty - nope!
0 voters
1 Like

Yummy yummy yes … doorstep thick with lashings of brown sauce and a cuppa tea.

And a big guilt trip afterwards :grinning:

3 Likes

Oh yes….but the bread has to be buttered so that you get that melting butter taste with your chips.
No sauce though.

5 Likes

Definitely a yes but I very rarely have them these days due to being a diabetic :weary:

2 Likes

That’s a big no no for me.
I did not even know that such things existed in the UK! :sweat_smile:
In the USA nothing surprises me anymore though. :wink:

4 Likes

absolutely not, the cost is too high = recipe for heart attack + diabetes + having to buy new elasticated oversized stretch jogger bottoms

5 Likes

A yes from me although it has to be the right kind of bread, something a bit rustic and substantial.
Happily this topic has inspired me into get a bit experimental with the air fryer. I haven’t used it for ages. Oh, a bit precious perhaps but it has to be the right kind of salt too!

th-117325456

th-4292506276

2 Likes

But only for a rare treat.

2 Likes

Chips freshly done, hot and golden brown, two thick slices of the freshest bread, coated with a thick layer of dairy butter, nice thick coating of ketchup inside…Leave for a few minutes for the butter to melt slightly, and go for it.

The above also works for a fried egg with runny yolk sandwich.

5 Likes

My favourite lunch chips between two thin slices of buttered white bread
No sauce but maybe a little side salad

2 Likes

Ohhh, yet another Poll I cannot possibly choose just one answer! :sweat_smile:

A Big Yes to “Chip Butties - yum” - but also a Big Nope to them.

I do love them - though not with tomato ketchup or white bread -
I like mine on thick-cut buttered granary bread and very hot, chunky, crispy chips with a light sprinkling of salt - or maybe go mad and stick a fried egg on top or/and a spoonful of Heinz baked beans in tomato sauce….

I haven’t had one of those for years. I cannot eat bread now and I’m not supposed to eat fried food either, so Chip Butties are a Big Nope from me - even though I would love one - and reading that thread about chips was torture when folk started posting pics of them!

5 Likes

Yes but cannot recall when I last had one.

1 Like

Yes but its the only time i eat white bread,and i put fruity sauce on, its just not the same on wholemeal.

2 Likes

It’s a huge YES from me, BUT the chips must arrive from my favourite chippy as he makes the best I’ve experienced.

3 Likes

Occasionally, yes. Must be on white bread with proper butter though.

3 Likes

I never heard of needing bread with french fries here in the states. Just the fries with ketchup, please.

5 Likes

heavy carbs heh??

1 Like

Try a chip (fries) sandwich Right Now, you’ll never look back!

2 Likes