Cheeky devil

I get quite a few and I have seen them crossing roads to come to my feeder, makes you wonder how they found it. :grinning:

1 Like

They can be quite freindly, a bit like Robins , I was sitting eating an Ice cream on a park bench , when one came and sat right in front of me ,staring at me intently , when i got down to the last bit of the Cone I threw it of over to it , it picked it up and started to eat it just like a human .
I took several photos of it , even sent one to Countryfile Calendar , …

Mine like to pose for the camera, here is a young one I just captured.

4 Likes

Beautiful close up shots, Mr Fraggle!

Taken through my kitchen window looking down on my shed roof, I tend to take a few and use the best ones in my eye, no editing they are what they are. :grinning:

2 Likes

Same roof different beast, Buttons surveying what he considers his realm.

3 Likes

I respectfully disagree.
You take fabulous photos!
Like yourself, I enjoy both the birds and the squirrels and chipmunks. I’m not too fond of raccoons but I’d never consider killing one.
I just shoo them away.

We also used to have squirrel feeders to keep them off the bird feeders. They are so persistent.
I’ll never forget moving a feeder in the middle of a very long clothes line and watching a huge black squirrel cross arm over arm to get to it.
It was early morning and I howled with laughter. Enough that I woke my husband up. Now just the thought of it makes me chuckle.

Good thing Buttons isn’t hungry. Lol! :sweat_smile:
Clearly these two know and trust each other. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
So very cute.

I love this idiot, the only one who sits on the food container to eat .

3 Likes

He’s pretending to be a bird so you won’t notice him when he tries to infiltrate the actual bird feeders! :joy:

1 Like

Nah my squirrel friends are very well behaved and don’t really bother with the bird feeders, no idea why that is. :grinning:

1 Like

Its from Edinburgh. It has manners :smiley:

1 Like

An apple a day etc. :grinning: :grinning:

3 Likes

Now that is what I call being greedy! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Great capture @MrFraggle67 .

2 Likes

My squirrel visitors get a varied diet of nuts, apple and some Utterly Butterly from a half coconut.

1 Like

Clever little bugger has lifted the coconut shell up onto the shed roof to make it easier to get at.

2 Likes

He’s really tucking in isn’t he? D’you think he’ll put it back all nice and tidy? :wink:

Couldn’t understand what was happening to a new feeder that I deliberately placed in a tree to stop the larger birds upending it.
But I have spotted the culprit.

1 Like

Why do Squirrels swim on their back? answer = So they can keep their nuts dry

1 Like

I have moved the feeder to make it easier for the squirrels to enjoy some seeds though they have plenty of choice the other end of the garden.

1 Like