Cheeky devil

He’s really tucking in isn’t he? D’you think he’ll put it back all nice and tidy? :wink:

Couldn’t understand what was happening to a new feeder that I deliberately placed in a tree to stop the larger birds upending it.
But I have spotted the culprit.

1 Like

Why do Squirrels swim on their back? answer = So they can keep their nuts dry

1 Like

I have moved the feeder to make it easier for the squirrels to enjoy some seeds though they have plenty of choice the other end of the garden.

1 Like

Why go to the other end of the garden though? That’s just too much exercise! :joy_cat:

I have around 6 that visit and three or four travel a fair bit to get to my offerings. :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

You must have a good food reputation amongst the squirrel community! :+1:

1 Like

Only the finest, as I do not eat I can spend a bit more on decent wildlife food. :grinning:

1 Like

One of my lot having an early breakfast.

1 Like

This is number two preferring peanuts rather than the butter mix. :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I think a bit more stabilisation is needed on this feeder.

1 Like

A new one has come a calling, had to figure out how to hold the lid open to get at the nuts.

1 Like

Just chilling. :smiley:

1 Like

One of my squirrels visitors loves a varied diet this morning he started off with a bit of apple, presumably to cleanse his palate before moving on to peanuts. He then went to the other end of the garden where I had put out a tray of crushed fat balls which and had some of that.

This image was probably at the limit of the cameras zoom.

2022-04-29 07.51.48.jpg

To prevent my squirrels from stealing all the fat balls in the bird tube, I secured the lid with string and duct tape & tied it to the tree.
They are smarter than we think because he managed to bite through the string & managed to steal the whole feeder and somehow take it elsewhere…probably where he could eat the contents in peace! We forget that warm weather means there are fewer natural foods for squirrels, so it looks like I need to provide some nuts to feed them away from the birds!

I have no problems with squirrels trying to get into the birds feeders as I provide them with a variety of foods, nuts, apple and utterly butterly. This cheeky chappie is the only one that seems to enjoy eating from the bird trays but that is just fine. :smiley:

I found the missing bird feeder at the bottom of my garden today, so I filled it with fat balls & nuts and put it back on the tree.
I didn’t know squirrels liked apples, so thanks for that. I have left one under the tree for him & can’t wait to see if he eats it.

I have a shelf for my lot which has the apple, top cut off and a rod poked through the middle.

I also hang a half coconut with a peanut butter mix.

Just getting ready to brave the dreich morning up here in Edinburgh to do the feeders and glancing out of the window spotted this young man availing himself of some seeds for breakfast.

3 Likes