Charles 111 and NOT paying Inheritance Tax

Our new king stands to inherits hundreds of million from his late mother .
He will pay NO inheritance Tax .
Meanwhile your pleb in his ex council house which he has struggled to buy over years will have to pay 40% on everything in his estate over £325 k
That is straight in at 40%
This is on money that has already been taxed .
It’s absolutely outrageous .
The IHT threshold has not been raised in over a decade but house prices have risen phenomenally during this time putting many people into the IHT bracket .
Unto him who has shall be given more .
Makes my blood boil

2 Likes

I agree, and think it’s quite disgusting when all is said and done. They go on about “serving the people” but its all baloney. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m in two minds about this I hate the thought of them selling of our historic bits and pieces to pay the tax, a better way might be stop everyone paying inheritance tax because it seems a very unfair tax all round.

@ pixie Of course it is they serve themselves very well indeed but as long as they have hordes of sentimental peasants ( as we have seen in the last few days ) believing this what can you do ?
I am a bit sentimental myself but this is outrageous beyond belief .

5 Likes

ts not on ‘our historic bits and pieces ‘
Charles is free from IHT on his PERSONAL fortune.

Same point applies we should not be charging anyone for the privilege of their loved ones dying IMO

1 Like

It’s a iniquitous tax because it’s does not affect seriously wealthy people as they can take steps to avoid it and do .
They can put theories money into trust for their children and thereby avoid INT on it .
However for the average person the major asset is their house which constitutes the main part of their estate .
A semi detached ex local authority house in many areas is well over £325 k
That means 40% of everything over that goes straight to the taxman .

1 Like

It’s was once a tax on the very wealthy but now it is not it is a tax on thrift means the government quite literally takes what should go to peoples loved ones .
Yet the government has chosen give an exemption to one of the worlds richest men .

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Charles on/not-on the ‘rich list’?

As an aside, at least QE2 paid for the chapel she and her sister, husband and parents are buried in out of her own money.

Most people do pay for their burial plot out of their own money and its not cheap .

2 Likes

When you are selected by god, taxes are for other people.

As that old bat in America ( Leanna Helmsley ) said Taxes are for little people .
She did eventually go to jail for tax evasion .
She left her dog $12 million in a trust fund

1 Like

What makes you think he’s not on the rich list ?
He’s about number 12

The newly-anointed King Charles III has an estimated net worth of $600 million, inheriting the nearly $28 billion in assets belonging to the Crown Estate plus Buckingham Palace, the Duchy of Lancaster, Kensington Palace and the Crown Estate Scotland after the death of his mother.

Isn’t there or used to be someing that if you left you wealth to a son/daughter 7year before you die they don’t have to pay inheritance tax? of course things may have changed or i might be entirely wrong

It’s still around @realspeed , but IIRC in relation to property, the original owner would have to pay the beneficiary the market value in rent to remain living there, which is then taxable income.

1 Like

maybe so but the amount payable in rent may not have to be the “market” rate, it may only be £1 a week or month

Alas, were it so. Probate tends to look into these things I’m afraid. There’s no hiding from HMRC on heat!!

2 Likes

Is it not the case that one canot dictate from the grave? therefore if a written agreement has been drawn up and signed by both parties as to amount payable in "Rent"posibly HMRC would have to prove it was for tax avoidance in court and you can’t take dead person to court to give evidence in defence

1 Like

@realspeed , they’re not stupid. If it was that easy to diddle the system like that, everyone would be doing it by now and the 7 year rule would be obsolete.

1 Like