Charity Shops, Do You Shop in Them?

No way will I pay shop prices when these are hanging in the charity shops, cost between £8 and £5 …

2 Likes

You probably need a choice of coats and jackets to match any outfit you may choose. Plus you need to take account of the weather.

But then what do I know I’m one of those men there’s something wrong with :joy::clown_face:

1 Like

22 coats?:flushed::scream:

2 Likes

Yes Chillie6, but your brave to admit it…or is it your Cptn America’s Shield, maybe speaking for you as a bit of a…coverup…
9F3CEBF9-EBD3-497F-958E-65EF7BBBE79B

1 Like

Brat…I shall re coat I mean re count them… :expressionless:

2 Likes

Brave or stupid :crazy_face:

I had forgotten about these three, as where drying on the line…
Two of them I wear a lot.

…Now I have washed them… I have got to just iron them… :astonished:

2 Likes

So 25 then!
Looks like you might need to go shopping soon. :tipping_hand_woman::face_with_hand_over_mouth::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No time, to busy searching out all my forgotten bargains…@Brat
you are such a sweetie…haha

2 Likes

What an interesting find!

3 Likes

Easy to overlook those hidden places in the 2nd hand stores…they are obviously amongst the books, but often there is so much to look over that they can be not seen… :eyes: :eyeglasses:

1 Like

Not long ago we got invited to our neighbours house for a dinner party. Not the one from last week, from a couple of weeks before that.

Our neighbour is a complete bachelor and has lived here since 1982 permanently. Most others are only here for the season.

Anyway this guy put on the nicest dinner party and has the sweetest set of China. He even brought out the fancy teapot, cups and saucers.
Well I was impressed. The dinner was delicious and so was the spread.

His friend then poked fun of him saying that he’d just bought them at a charity store so I told him he not only makes a fine host but is smart as well.

He had also gotten the most gorgeous stained glass standing lamp ever. I wish I’d taken a picture of it. Just gorgeous! Some of the best finds are at charity shops.

3 Likes

We used to donate old but still wearable clothes and books we’d read to our local hospice shop in Hertford and then Worcester and bought stuff and books from them too. Since moving here, we’ve donated a whole pile of clothes and other stuff including books to the local hospice shop and bought a couple of decent wardrobes. We have another bin liner full of curtains ready to take when we next go that way.

3 Likes

Have no idea that the organ did not come to my mind…I bought has his wife made my late Dad get rid of his…hey it was cluttering the large hall…He played it eveyday and was reduced to an electronic organ…Was never really played again…
I was in Hastings doing the charity shop rounds…Spotted this organ and ran outside to find Husband …not a charity shop enthusiast to say the least…
I said you need to come inside and see this Organ…it was £70 and I had to have it…
The lamp, pictures came from charity shops the picture on the right is by Patsy Rowland of the Carry On films fame…it has her personnal note to her friend on the back…the picture I soon discovered is drawn in charcoal…

2 Likes

This was from a Charity Shop in nearby Sidley…
The village has a Lidls so would often visit the area.

It is a pencil sketched drawing…I do love it…£5.00
The signature is C. Varley…

3 Likes

Brand new Clark’s boots from charity shop, £8.

3 Likes

I love a good charity shop, I haven’t been since lockdown. Mostly for books, which I read and recycle back to them, I’ve got carrier bags full to take in when I go next.

And I like the china and bric-a-brac and pick up lots of bits to upcycle for my craft projects.

2 Likes

Oh yes! You can find great treasures there … but in the States we call them Thrift Stores and/or Second Hand Stores :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Browsing in a charity shop recently I went into a box with bric a brac and picked up a packet of what looked like sheer tights . I saw the top was open and to my surprise a small handful of cards fell into my hand . I started to read them , they were love letters and cards written in the most beautiful loving way to this lady whose address was still on each envelope. Probably about 6 beautiful loving letters and cards . I called the manager over and showed her . She told me she would try to find the owner of them . They really were touching and beautifully written .

Someone must have been clearing out a drawer and thinking the pkt was a pair of tights put them out for charity. Possibly the lady who the letters were for was unaware they had been given away .

I hope the owner or family of the letters gets them back . I will phone sometime and speak with the manager and find out

3 Likes

Yes I have some very sad letters, I would really hate to have lost them.
I have copies on the PC as well…

1 Like