Changes good or bad

The biggest change for me is the buses. I only occassionally use the local Hoppa circuit bus now and tend to go by car. Two main reasons - 1) the service has been cut from every 10mnis to now 30mins between buses and 2) the last time I used one, the bus was rammed with people and at my size/height, I do like some space.

Changes I have madeā€¦
Growing more fruit and vegetables.
Grocery shopping online curtesy of Waitrose
No one comes to my house
When I go to my sons house I sit outside under the veranda and chat through the bifold doors or meet up outside not great in the winter .
I canā€™t see any end to this new patternā€¦
If things get back to normal I will carry on growing more things and having my groceries delivered ā€¦

2 Likes

One of the good changes to come out of this is that now businesses are getting properly cleaned and sanitized. Shame it took a pandemic for that to become a norm. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Bad changesā€¦
Having my freedom and my choice of what I want to do taken away, even though I know that applies to everyone.

Good changesā€¦
Being able to look like a slob in my own place without fear of someone arriving and catching me like that :grinning:

1 Like

Me tooā€¦LOL

1 Like

Bad change: no holidays abroad, too much hassle and uncertainty.

We are going for a long weekend in the west county in a couple of weeks; will be the first time weā€™ve stayed away from home in two years.

2 Likes

Well I hope you enjoy it! :+1:

Iā€™d love to go away somewhere, but the way my brain has stuck itself in ā€œfear modeā€, I havenā€™t even been to the bloominā€™ beach this year, and its only 40 mins away! :frowning:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly the description of my mind set ā€œfear modeā€ looking at holidays for next year and cannot bring myself to book even in this Countryā€¦hopefully all will sort itself out in my head and yours. LOL

4 Likes

:hugs:

Kazz, I hope so for us, and anyone else who has this mindset!

3 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Nothing has changed for us to go anywhere because we didnā€™t go anywhere before. But going on transport is different, to have my cataract surgery I could have used the hospital bus and there would be 4 people on there but I wouldnā€™t chance it at the moment.

4 Likes

Pixie and Kazzā€¦ ā€˜Fear Modeā€™. Thatā€™s exactly how I feel about Miss Madamā€™s wedding in about 10 weeksā€¦

I feel that fear which is putting me through so much angst, sadness and heartache at the prospect of just going to the ceremony (hopefully), getting out as fast as I can and not enjoying their celebrations.

It give me such sadness that after all the struggles, worries and self doubt of being a mother (and father) and the finale of it all (ie seeing her happy within herself with a chap who adores her who I know will take care of her) and that perhaps I might never celebrate with them. All because of this bleeding pandemic.
I feel cheated out of my moment of pride.
Gosh it does make me tear up thinking and talking about it. :cry:

2 Likes

Oh Pesta! :hugs: Thereā€™s not much I can say which will make you feel any betterā€¦but yā€™knowā€¦a lot can change in 10 weeks,(thatā€™s 2 and a half months which sounds quite long?..) and hopefully things will have improved enough to give you some confidence to stay a little while. I do hope so.

1 Like

Thanks Pixieā€¦ Iā€™m just in one of those moments. Iā€™ll be reet :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Iā€™ll sit beside you and commiserate thenā€¦I canā€™t even get on a train to go and see my first grandchild, because of fear mode. All that travelling on crowded trains just gives me the heebie jeebies!

1 Like

@Pesta I have the answer buy or rent a Zorbing ball seriously

1 Like

I like to be busy so the thought of lockdown was horrifying - so I volunteered to get shopping & medication for people who had been told to shield or isolate. It gave me a legitimate reason to go out more than lockdown rules allowed and taught me a lot about human natureā€¦first shopping list from a seriously ill lady who expected me to go to THREE different supermarkets!! and the man with the tortoise!! When vaccinations started I signed up as a volunteer at the vaccine hub and am now qualified as a general usher and a parking attendant!! The things I DONā€™T like about the consequences of this pandemic, are the continuing lack of customer care; consumers can no longer talk to a human being at their bank; false excuses given regarding lack of staff, AND the massive lack of consideration for the voting public from our politicians. We really do need to voice our complaints EVERY time we need to and VERY loudly!

1 Like

Awww PixieLixie, I feel your painā€¦ :hugs:

1 Like

Oh Kazzā€¦ I had to Google that. Oooooh but by 'ec Iā€™d love a go in one of those! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Not sure my ribs would stay intact though :rofl:

Absolutely Nowt, nothing has changed.