Changes good or bad

Good evening based on the fact we are almost into our 2nd year of the pandemic; have you made any changed to your life/work/recreation you will keep and think why did I not do that sooner or any you detest and do purely due to the situation ?

1 Like

The only thing I wish I had done, was keep a journal of the entire thing from start to…well, present. It would have been interesting to record how all the countries managed / mismanaged it, and how it impacted people.

1 Like

Everything here is changed, not only due to Covid either. I hardly go anywhere now & I won’t go anywhere where there are crowds of people.

1 Like

Wow, do you normally do a diary/journal my Mom did every day of her life I could never get into the routine habit

1 Like

See I am the same almost I think the longer it goes on the more reclusive I get (in a manner of speaking)

1 Like

The only one in our family who is desperate to get out and socialize again is my BH’s mother.She misses her weekly visit to the pokies(fruit machines).

Yes I do usually. I don’t have them all now, mind you, but I have kept one on a memory stick for the computer since 2009. Its not a daily one…probably about twice a week or so.

The amusement arcades up here are open? Is your BH mother still shielding, or are they simply not open where you are? Ooops, sorry I forgot where you are (again!) You are in lockdown, mostly aren’t you?

It’s a pub.All the pubs have got a room full of fruit machines.They are open now but we’ve decided to postpone any outings until it’s safer.

1 Like

I can’t say there’s much I have had to or intend to change. I usually spend my time here or out in the country somewhere with my camera. I’m not really a social kind of person. I’d rather be spending time in nature.

2 Likes

Quite right :slight_smile:

1 Like

I take that back before Covid I taught a photography class for beginners at the Mental Health Center. Don’t think I’ll be going back to that. They’ve cut way down on their classes any way.

1 Like

This is going to sound strange but yes things have changed. We moved. My husband retired. Our life now is much more social
I honestly can’t explain why but like it
We have and go to dinner parties and it’s fun

4 Likes

I will say when I retired I owned 53 neckties. Threw them in a clothing bin for the homeless. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Now, what would the homeless do with neckties :thinking:

1 Like

I feel the changes are for the better. I’m mostly anti-social by nature. I don’t enjoy parties and stuff so I enjoy working from home.

Office politics are also a thing of the past!

3 Likes

Dress up and maybe find a job. :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

Valid point :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I agree with you. Actually, I was mostly home based for quite a few years. My wife was my PA so that worked for us. Usually I went in to the office about once a week for snail mail and things but most of our communications were via email and that had to be accurately and properly documented for ourselves and with our customers. And, as none of our customers were local, being office based for me wasn’t a big deal.

Things that I did before got more normalized, so I don’t have to justify or explain. I used to buy my food online before the pandemic. Before the pandemic, if I mentioned it, there’s a chance I’d get a hassle about it. Now, I don’t have to explain.

Same thing with crowds. If I didn’t want to go to something with crowds in the past, I’d have to explain or justify or sit in awkward silence. Less of that now, which is good.

1 Like