Car servicing and MoT

:lol:

Hi

Z rated tyres.

No need to cost a fortune, but brilliant to have

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174180306880

Standard fitment on many Government vehicles in Europe.

I am now retired, absolutely no need to do stupid speeds now.

The stopping distance is amazing

I still have my high speed driving Certificate.

A complete waste of time going to Lidl.:-p

Vauxhall are open now but with limited staff,got mine booked in for next week.

Impressed with how it was dealt with,left car on forecourt with windows all down,they then went out and sprayed it with disinfectant,after servicing they had disinfected again and left the key in a plastic bag,paid over the phone so no contact with any one.

No disrespect Caricature, but don’t we think this is all getting a little bit out of hand…:009:

Well yes,but if its to be the new normal then its spot on.

Because of the situation, the car could not be traded before twelve months old, so, it has had to be serviced, next week. This would not have been possible if we weren’t NHS associated.

Mandatory MOTs to be reintroduced from August

[I]"Mandatory MOTs for vehicles in England, Scotland and Wales will be reintroduced from 1 August, the government has said.

Drivers have been allowed to delay the test for six months due to the coronavirus pandemic, but there are growing concerns about road safety."
[/I]

Apparently it’s to bring back MOT work to the garages … and one in 3 cars usually fail their MOT’s so there is concern over how roadworthy some vehicles are after giving them the 6 month extension.

Anyone due in July probably can’t believe their luck.

I registered my car a few days ago and after paying my Compulsory Third Party insurance (CTP) it occurred to me to check on the RMS web site that the rego had been renewed (free for pensioners).

The rego had not been renewed because my car was now 5 years old (I hadn’t realised it was that old) and had to have a rego inspection (like the MOT). I drove up to a local garage to see if they still did this, the bloke was very nice asked if I could leave it for an hour and he would get it done as I was only a block from my home I was quite happy to do that.

The eSafety Check says it cost $42 but he only charged me $40 - I don’t know how that works.

I checked on the RTA web site half an hour later and the vehicle was registered for another year. Job done.

Hi

We have had an MOT Holiday, which ends on !st August, so there will be a rush on.

No MOT invalidates your Insurance.

We had our car MOT’d along with a service two weeks ago as the Insurance was due…

How the 6-month extension works

Your vehicle’s MOT expiry date will be automatically extended by 6 months if it’s eligible. This will be done about 7 days before it’s due to expire.

This means that:

[LIST]
[]your vehicle will still have a valid MOT certificate for an extra 6 months
[
]you can still tax your vehicle - you might need to wait to do this until later in the month if both your MOT and vehicle tax run out this month
[]your insurance will still be valid
[
]your vehicle’s record will be updated so the police can see you have a valid MOT
[/LIST]

You will not get a new paper MOT certificate with the new expiry date on it.

Published 25 March 2020
Last updated 29 June 2020

our garage was giving a free mot if you got a service at the same time,so job done and taxed last weekend…ok for another year fingers crossed:-D

My MOT is due 23 July - I know the 6mths extension applies, but feel I don’t want to wait.
I always have a service at the same time as the MOT and July is a better month financially .
Every month after July is house/car insurances, C/H service, birthdays etc - ie financially crap! :shock:

If I did take advantage of the extension, I’m assuming the MOT would be from the extended time month rather than this July?

IMO, the MoT would be valid from the date of the test, whenever that is, so if you have your car tested now then it will be July, regardless of your eligibility for an extension.

However, check with your garage first.

Yes Omah, that’s what I assumed. Seems the logical thing doesn’t it, but these days… :017:

Hi

You are correct.

It starts from the date of your new MOT.

Merci bucket Swimmy :slight_smile:

July it is then.

I always do the same Pesta, If they do my annual service before the MOT there should be no reason why the test should fail…I just drive in first thing in the morning and leave it for the day. I will also continue to have it tested as normal in October, like you Pesta, all my finances revolve around having it tested at the same time each year.