Car servicing and MoT

Hi

We have been given an extension for the MoT.

Unfortunately some Insurance Companies are playing idiots about this.

No Current MoT and you would have to prove your car would pass on the day of any accident.

Something to bear in mind.

I rely on my car so have arranged my local garage to service and MoT it.

They are collecting and delivering it back at no extra cost as they suffering like many businesses and are grateful for any work.

They are half the cost of the Ford dealership.

1 Like

Mines due a service but the vauxhall garages along with all the major ones are shut.

It seems insurance companies are trying as usual to cover themselves against paying out if they can get out of it. As far as I am aware an MoT is only ever proof of roadworthiness on the day of testing anyway.

My car was serviced, MoTd and insured just a few days before this lockdown, I’ve only done 100 miles since then so I wonder if there will be a refund on the insurance premium of £325 for the two months almost when it’s hardly been driven? :wink:

My cars doing months to the gallon now.

I should add,I bought it 12 months old,its now two so no mot yet,but to keep the guarantee up I can get it serviced by a local garage,but the small print says only vauxhall parts,so with no vauxhall outlet open,that can’t happen.

Even so that’s a loser nowadays. Compare how much you paid per litre for that fuel still in the tank and see how much it’s now gone down. I paid around £1.22 a litre for diesel nearly two months ago, that is now £1.10 a litre. While doing that I also filled my heating oil tank, I needed some anyway and at 41p a litre it was less than last time it was filled. The saving on last time was around £60. Prices continued to go down, had I waited a couple of weeks it was down again and I could have saved another £20. That’s life nowadays though I guess! :wink: :slight_smile:

I did take my car to the main dealer for three years when it was still in warranty, but then they wanted ‘silly money’ after that, so for the last seven years I take it to my local garage who charges half the price. I have had need of him for my daughters car since the lockdown and I think he appreciates the work. I will continue to make sure sure my motor is maintained and tested by him as long as he is happy to do it, lockdown or not. It’s no good avoiding the virus and then getting killed in an motoring accident caused by an ill maintained vehicle…

Err… No! ;-):wink:

I have only ever taken new cars back to the main dealer for servicing (the free ones) after that, it was always the local garage who charge less and don’t stick pins in your eyes whilst they are at it.

My MOT is not due until February now but one of the local garages has recently opened up for business and as mentioned above will collect and deliver if required.

Ditto. This Qashqai we have now was 3yrs old when we bought it and was just out of manufacturer’s warranty so, our neighbourhood garage gets the servicing/MoT work not the main Nissan dealer.

You sound like my insurance company probably would if asked, are you physic LD?
Perhaps you are a secret insurance broker! :confused: :slight_smile: :smiley: :lol:

Happily both ours were MOT’d last October, so it isn’t an issue… yet…!

And we are still being ripped off with the petrol prices, it has been reported that the oil producers are now actually paying the petrol companies to take the oil away ! So with only transport and refining costs to pay and even taking into account the high taxes on fuel the cost on the forecourts really should be down to about 50 or 60p a litre.

I am even more aware of the tax on fuel as the price I pay per litre for heating oil is almost without taxes. Where I quoted 41p a litre that is what diesel would cost without the rip-off tax on it. That includes 5% VAT so the price per litre without any tax would be around 40p or slightly less (39.36p). Rather different from the £1.22 a litre before fuel prices crashed due to nobody using it. :wink: :slight_smile:

I don’t think Longdogs has ‘Broken’ any insurance companies Baz…But he may have broken a few ladies hearts when he was younger…:cool:

You must know something about Longdogs that I don’t then OGF. :wink:

I always get the distinct impression that, when you are in your running shorts, the sight of your legs and knees appear to get some of the ladies on Over50sForum going! :wink: :slight_smile:

Na, I think they are just being friendly Baz…:wink:

Asda today was £1.02, that’s the lowest round here.

Hi

Well my car passed, but two advisories.

Two tyres and the brake disks.

Last time I filled up my car was February

Glad yours passed it’s MOT Swims.