Car servicing and MoT

I’d normally fill my tank twice a month (£60) but 25th March was my last filling, and there is still three quarters of a tank still in. I’m missing my long drives out to the coast or mountains and moors…:frowning:

If you keep your cars for a long time (which I tend to do) it doesn’t really matter in the end whether you use main dealers or not. What you lose on trade in, you save on servicing and repairs. I am a great believer in leaving well alone. My last car was serviced once in ten years and only visited the garage for brakes and a new battery.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: What about the oil and filters Longdogs?

Hi

I use my car very little now.

It is Ex Works, so expensive tyres, brake disks and pads

Such is life, well worth paying.

And that’s not easy. :lol:

It just burnt it off and I replaced it weekly. :mrgreen:

No, it had one oil and filter change in that time and still drove like a dream.

Do yourself a favour and don’t buy any Chinese made tyre 'cos they’re bloody rubbish - I know I had a pair on the Qashqai but soon got rid. (You’ll find an impression mark on the tyre near to rim that tells you the country of origin. It has to state something like “Made in England”.)

Hi

My car is Ex Works, full Police Spec.

I am buying proper tyres and discs

They cost a mint, but well worth it.

The engine puts out 226 BHP with huge torque.

WOWWEEEEEE! Good tyres for ANY car will cost you ££s but are well worth it in the end. Your top speed is over 150mph? You need Z-rated tyres then if memory serves. Those do cost mega £s.

Hi

A legacy of my job.

No great shakes, it is worth paying for.

It was serviced to hell and back.

So £800 will keep it going for the next 4 years.

Tyres and disks.

I only do a few K a year, so that is that.

It is as fast as hell, but I never use that, except the odd occasion when an idiot in a BMW pulls up in the outside lane and needs to learn a lesson.

Yes, I do have a warped sense of humour, but it does amuse me.

:043: :079:

It would amuse me too :023:

:lol:

Hi

Z rated tyres.

No need to cost a fortune, but brilliant to have

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174180306880

Standard fitment on many Government vehicles in Europe.

I am now retired, absolutely no need to do stupid speeds now.

The stopping distance is amazing

I still have my high speed driving Certificate.

A complete waste of time going to Lidl.:-p

Vauxhall are open now but with limited staff,got mine booked in for next week.

Impressed with how it was dealt with,left car on forecourt with windows all down,they then went out and sprayed it with disinfectant,after servicing they had disinfected again and left the key in a plastic bag,paid over the phone so no contact with any one.

No disrespect Caricature, but don’t we think this is all getting a little bit out of hand…:009:

Well yes,but if its to be the new normal then its spot on.

Because of the situation, the car could not be traded before twelve months old, so, it has had to be serviced, next week. This would not have been possible if we weren’t NHS associated.

Mandatory MOTs to be reintroduced from August

[I]"Mandatory MOTs for vehicles in England, Scotland and Wales will be reintroduced from 1 August, the government has said.

Drivers have been allowed to delay the test for six months due to the coronavirus pandemic, but there are growing concerns about road safety."
[/I]

Apparently it’s to bring back MOT work to the garages … and one in 3 cars usually fail their MOT’s so there is concern over how roadworthy some vehicles are after giving them the 6 month extension.

Anyone due in July probably can’t believe their luck.