Can you walk heel to toe?

I can’t can’t do this anymore without falling over :shock: (and I don’t drink alcohol these days).
I am going to practice daily to try to improve my balance.
Crouching down is another thing I find difficult to do, it hurts my knees but I can kneel.

It’s amazing how these physical failings creep up on us as we age.

1 Like

Pardon me for asking but how do you walk if not heel to toe?

In a line Rhian :slight_smile: I think the police use this as a standard test to see if you are drunk.
I would fail although I don’t drink :shock:

Oh I get it!!
I’m going to see if I can right now…

I just tried that. At first I did loose my balance. But I have just done the length of my hall and back. I also found that it is easier if you don’t look at your feet but look ahead.
Very interesting.

I can walk heel to toe ok but must admit that crouching is not so comfortable as it used to be. I don’t have any problems luckily just lack of practice I think.

For Rhian :mrgreen:

Can do it but not without sticking my arms out at the sides, as if walking a tightrope.
Am I allowed armography?!!

Oh yes Emjay :smiley: I am much better at it if I don’t look at my feet…

Moff to try this now

No you are too young Rhian :slight_smile:
You should be able to hop on a straight line (hopping is with one foot before you ask :mrgreen: )

How many of us doing this right now? we should organise a flash mob.

Haha! I really wasn’t going to…!

I can still hop on one foot left and right. Yippee. Not bad for an 80 year old.

I can still put on and remove my socks without sitting down although I prefer to.

Crouching down isn’t a problem…
It’s getting back up from the crouch I need a wall or floor for!

I can do it, I often do this at work along the yellow line that forbids us to stray into forklift territory!

Crouching, or squatting is harder than it used to be but now my knees are in better shape I can do this easily without having to use support from my hands.

Well done Rhian :smiley:

I can’t get my tights on without laying on the bed :frowning:
I can do one leg but not both…:smiley:

Well done Emjay :slight_smile: I daren’t even try that …