Can You Solve This Mystery For Me?

Sounds good.The devil makes work for idle hands.

1 Like

was there a final conclusion or things still “up in the air” with guess work?

1 Like

Gumbud, No final conclusion…the jury is still out on this one…

I think you will find the ‘ice’ you mentioned could be the gel inside the nappies. Disposable nappies can be used at the base of flower baskets to help retain the moisture. As far as I now it’s indisposable so will not go away and apparently indistructable. Our landfill sites are full of them.

1 Like

Freshfields, l had no idea that disposable nappies contained gel/crystal until you and Dexterous mentioned it. There were only towelling nappies in my day!
I’m glad it wasn’t one of them left on my lawn!! Yuk!

It happened in our garden and I couldn’t understand what the ‘ice’ was so I emailled the manufacturers. They told me you couldn’t get rid of it but suggested digging it into flowerpots and it would help to retain water - an alternative to Swelgel. I have known folk just put the nappy pad in, which I suppose helps to contain the gel.

1 Like

Yes but what we are interested to know is where the ******* are they comin from? - they could drop tonnes??

1 Like

Oooh gumbud, l hadn’t thought of that! Any suggestions on how l prevent this?
Or, if it happens how do l collect all the nappies up and dispose of them?

Oh and the smell…the smell…

Rubber gloves and a plastic bag?

1 Like

Percy, What? Even when there could be tonnes of them?
You’re a hard man!!

Oooh gumbud, l hadn’t thought of that! Any suggestions on how l prevent this?
Or, if it happens how do l collect all the nappies up and dispose of them?

Oh and the smell…the smell…

could be something to do with the flag you have painted on your roof? “refuge for babes and infants”

1 Like

Actually, gumbud, l have a giant stork perched on the chimney! Maybe, that’s why it’s a dumping ground for disposable nappies?!!

ah now we are getting somewhere - aged storks carrying babies but can’t manage the extra weight so dumps the soiled things - clever storks I’d so but poor artangel - well you are an angel who likes art and it is sorta artish ain’t’ it?

1 Like

Gumbud, This is what l have to put up with…

yes smallish nest I would say that he/she was throwing out the soiled nappies on the lawn - case solved my bill is in the mail!! - next phenomena please - all comers welcomed all problems solved - but it make take time?

1 Like

Gumbud… you’re my hero …swoon…

You have proven that… Not all heroes wear capes!!

well this dastardly site has just informed me that I have replied three times to you know and has asked me to consider getting other people involved well we all know the problem involved in that little escapade don’t we!!! or they suggest that I might like to continue my conversation with you by getting personal - this site is taking over every sinew of our moral behaviors!!

I was going to add that I have been known to wear capes at times but nothing else - does that Count Von Dracula?

1 Like

What!!! That’s ridiculous.
Oh guess what. I have just got the same message to continue our conversation privately…
What is going on? Is it thought that we are having an affair via the thread?
The message is like telling us… to get a room! Ha!

This has really put me off starting threads. It makes you feel not valued…

well apparently it seems to do this if one highlights/copies the previous post - this way apparently it doesn’t - anyways apprapro - I value you the more - and as Paul McCartney once sang " everybodies doing it - let’s do it in the road"!!

has it been cleared away yet I did call the council long distance?