Can You Remember Where You Were When You Proposed, Or Where You Were When You Were Proposed To?

Recently, my daughter’s boyfriend took her on holiday to Rome.
Whilst visiting the Colosseum he went down on one knee and asked her to marry him. She said, ‘Yes’ and he slipped a beautiful Diamond Solitaire ring onto her finger. They are getting married next year.

Now they are a bit miffed that if they had waited a while later… Russell Crowe was visiting the Colosseum too! Her fiancé is wondering if he should have asked her father permission to marry her.
I said, l thought that was a bit old fashioned these days!

So l ask, where were you when you proposed, or were proposed to.
Was it romantic, or a bit of a disaster? Did you ask your spouse’s father first?

1 Like

It was a cold winter’s night & we were walking along the harbour in Great Yarmouth. Just passing time & looking at the gas rig supply vessels.

3 Likes

I proposed on her birthday. That was 22 years ago. That was in Georgia USA.

1 Like

Yes I do remember

1 Like

… in the kitchen, how romantic is that!

At least I had a diamond ring at the ready, and Champagne in the fridge, and I got down on one knee.

1 Like

Yes, we were at a Spanish Restaurant when he proposed to me, and being old fashioned, he asked my Mum for my hand, and she said yes.

1 Like

A warm, starlight, September night in Limassol

1 Like

I was proposed to in the kitchen a day after my 50th.
He said he wanted to propose on my 50th but didnt just incase i said no as it may have spoilt the day.
I said yes,and celebrated with a cup of tea.
How to ive the high life eh ?.

1 Like

The first time was in The Old Bull and Bush, in Hampstead.

The current incumbent dropped to his knees on top of the Cliffs of Moher, not far from his home town in Limerick

I was giggling so much I nearly forgot to say yes!

(I don’t think “get up, you bloody idiot” counts!)

1 Like

I don’t remember! But that is probably due to the fact that I have never proposed to, or, been proposed to. I have had a number of different propositions, most of which would have ended with my demise. Needless to say, but I decided to mostly ignore such unfriendly suggestions.

1 Like

under the blankets - where else?

2 Likes

I guess we’d have lived as an unmarried couple if we hadn’t been kind of forced by the political system and circumstances (disadvantaging unmarried couples) to get married. So it was a rational decision and the result of a discussion we were having somewhere. I didn’t really pop the question with all that drama nor had I asked my future FIL beforehand. I knew he wouldn’t object anyway because I was a good pick. :blush:

1 Like

I was proposed in the living room on the couch. It was a special moment because we had not seen each other for a long time. I didn’t need beautiful places or expensive restaurants - the main thing is that we were together

1 Like

Beside the river Tweed in Berwick upon Tweed. In 1953.

2 Likes

Excellent !

1 Like

Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not on the late Queen’s Coronation Day?

No, a little later in the year.

1 Like

i was proposed to by both my wives - not at the same time however - my first proposed in a woodland glade in Hants the second also in a woodland glade in far NW WA! - I’m like that very proposable! I said yes on both occasions and lived to rue the days!!

1 Like

Littlehampton ropewalk beach and he asked my dad for my hand when we got home. Just as he asked me a wasp flew at me and I ended up screaming yes as a ran away from it. Not romantic but memorable.

1 Like