Can I boast, just a little?

I’ve just read that the TCI (Touring Club Italiano) has voted the best, most beautiful beaches in Italy for 2024, and guess what? They are in our region - Campania - on the Cilento coast, Salerno:grinning:

So if anyone’s thinking of a Summer holiday…

6 Likes

A little more boasting :laughing:

1 Like

They are Ok but they ain’t no Barmouth!

1 Like

just think what its doing to the climate, just getting there :wink:

1 Like

One could get to Barmouth on a leccy Bike!!!

1 Like

My only visit to Italy was to Florence some years ago and I absolutely loved it! It has always been my ambition to explore other areas of the country too and your picture makes it even more tempting Rose - it looks like a beautiful area.

2 Likes

Awww!
That looks lovely, the water is crystal clear. I’m just packing my face mask, snorkel, fins and 3mm shortie…I wish!!!

2 Likes

I have never understood why, when part of the EU, the British, especially those of our age group, didn’t move en masse to somewhere like Italy with not only beautiful scenery but most of all a lovely climate. The opportunity was right there with "freedom of movement"anywhere in the EU.

It is not that the UK doesn’t have beautiful scenery but it also has an unfortunately appalling climate.

1 Like

At risk of being perceived as cynical perhaps The Italians had a lucky escape :wink::shushing_face:

3 Likes

Posted about this Chilliboot but it is held up for approval once again!
I mentioned the migrants and immigrant words ! with STATS
expect the thead to be obsolete by the time it gets Approved of…

Scene from the story, “Wee Willie Winkie.”

2 Likes

Beautiful scenery. First visit to Italy many years ago - I put on almost half a stone in 3 weeks - couldn’t resist all that lovely Italian food!!!

1 Like

You’re still with us Dianne! :+1::wink:

2 Likes

Looks good! Maybe our government should set up some sort of scheme to facilitate travel and trade with Europe.

From Regina Claudia.
Sounds good though I’m a bloke!

2 Likes

It looks like a beautiful place in Italy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Job opportunities not so good here, that probably answers your question. In the far South they are next to nothing, in fact my daughter’s just moved to Verona for her first job.
This explains why there are so many Italians in the USA, Australia, UK and elsewhere, also explains why I was born in London. :smiley: I’m very proud of my British upbringing and am grateful to be bilingual, thanks to my parents emigrating to UK in the 60s.There are two things I miss about the UK - Efficiency and Punctuality!
The bureaucracy here is appalling. The advantages far outweigh the disadvantages, though. :smile:

1 Like

yes back briefly Chilli…

1 Like

French paperchasing is horrendous…but love the life style here as we Did in Spain off and on…almost got toi Italy to meet a radio ham that became a friend on line Renzo…a real lovely fella but he lost his battle and we never meet face to face…

1 Like

Like it !

1 Like

Nah!
not briefly, stick around Dianne! :+1:

Oh gosh, that’s not bragging, it’s taking us along on a virtual vacation!

Italy reminds me so much of California, where I grew up, that it was love at first sight. Your coastline is lovely, and it looks more rolling that it is to the north.

Thank you for the share! :grinning: :parasol_on_ground: :sunny:

2 Likes