Camilla..... Have You Forgiven Her?

May, I honestly was referring to his temperament but then l realised, you could take my comment in two ways!

I don’t think it was Camilla who lied to Diana. So not sure why it is always the woman’s fault.

1 Like

So Camilla is the Queen Consort, I have never really taken to her to be honest, she doesn’t seem to be a people person, maybe it’s just me, I liked Diane.
I wonder how long it will be before we see the decline of the word Consort and her being referred to as ‘ Queen Camilla?’

1 Like

I’m no luck spittle over any of ‘em really, republican me

But I always thought Diana was manipulative and a bit false

And that really Charles and Camilla are the real love story

2 Likes

By 1973 Prince Charles was a sub-lieutenant in the Royal Navy, here on the bridge of the frigate Minerva at Devonport before leaving for routine patrols and exercise around the West Indies .

I think this is why the relationship ended! Camilla was young and, just like most young women, wanted a boyfriend who could spend time with her. Charles had many commitments at that time, so they drifted apart!
By 1981 the pressure was on Charles to marry & produce heirs but by 1981 Camilla had 2 children to her husband.
If this was a romantic story book, I doubt the readers would be criticizing what happened in the end, I am sure people would be glad they managed to end up together.
We all make mistakes in life, that’s why there are so many divorces, and I just can’t understand why people can’t be happy when real love wins the battle over all the difficulties.
From all the royal photos you can see that they are happy together, and that is something you rarely saw with Diana. I feel sorry for all 3 of them, but can’t lay blame at anyone’s door!

Just as a matter of interest (or plain sticky beaking if you prefer), do her children get on with or even have anything to do their step father?

I think they probably do ( who wants to offend him’) but our new Queen keeps up her own house for grandchildren visiting as apparently Highgrove is not very child friendly

Well, they attended their wedding so they must get on together.

I’m sure that will happen in due course. After all, Mary was the consort of King George V, and then there was King George VI’s consort, Elizabeth - although I have no memory of either of them in my lifetime, they have always historically been referred to, with their husbands, as King and Queen.

I expect it will happen gradually too - folk will soon drop the “Consort” bit - no other Queen Consort was referred to as that in ordinary conversation, any more than the reigning Queen was referred to as Queen Regnant.

It seems odd right now to talk about “The Queen” in reference to anyone but the late Queen Regnant but once the funeral of Elizabeth II is over, I think referring to the new Queen Consort as Queen Camilla will gradually happen.

The last time a Queen Regnant died and was replaced by a King with a Queen Consort was when Queen Victoria died and Alexandra became Queen Consort. I wonder if the media kept referring to her as “Queen Consort” in the early days after Queen Victoria’s death or if they just called her Queen Alexandra?

Maybe the media now are so conscious of the previous public debate over Camilla’s title and Elizabeth II’s announcement about wanting her to be “Queen Consort” that they are being over-punctilious about the official title.

1 Like

I have never thought before about CPB’s children having William and Harry as their step brothers, it’s not really mentioned is it.

Was it strange that yesterday Charles and Camilla each returned to their own estates?
How separate are their lives. Probably less opportunity from now on though.

1 Like

Yes I wondered that too
but then its going to be like the queen and prince philip isn’t it
they were pretty much apart for a lot of her reign. He forged ahead with his own career path and I think Camilla will now have to do the same.

Having said when (if) Kate and William reach the throne, I think they will be very much together, because their ideas are far more modern than Charles.

1 Like

As we had the queen for so long, I wonder if attitudes have changed, because I think she described Phillip as her rock. Camilla seems to offer support to Charles, so maybe he will be happy to have her support when he travels to different countries. If I had to do a King or queen’s job, I would be grateful to have a partner to dicuss the ups & downs of the day with. They live with the rules of being a royal, but they still have personal emotions, so they must have a need to say what they thought of day’s actions to somebody who would not repeat them.

1 Like

I don’t have anything nice to say about her. She played a role in at least three lives being torn apart - if it wasn’t for her Princess Diana would probably still be alive and Harry and William wouldn’t be without a mother. I doubt they’ll ever be able to forgive her and I don’t think most of the population has either.

While of course Charles played a role too, Camilla knew he was married, and she knew Diana adored him, and she knew they had a child - yet she still thought nothing of being a home-wrecker. Ugh!

I don’t buy that theirs was a true love story either (sorry!) over the years lots of people have tried it on with me despite them having partners/kids etc and apart from me being in a r’ship for most of that time and not being a cheat myself, I just couldn’t be the person who destroys someone else’s life - in many of these cases I am friends or know their partners! I’ve never understood how somebody can cheat with someone and then act like nothing’s happened with that person’s partner - but maybe that’s a topic for another thread :lol:

1 Like

I think that’s a terrible thing to say.
One could just as easily say “if it wasn’t for 
”
Diana agreeing to go to Paris with Dodi Fayed, she may still be alive.
Diana not bothering to wear a seat belt in the car, she may still be alive.

Not to mention all the other “if only 
” guilt trips you could lay on other people involved, such as the decisions made by Dodi and his Father when they decided to change their plans to stay at The Ritz and go on that mad car chase that night.

3 Likes

I think that’s how most people see it tbh Boot - or maybe I’m wrong, and most people think Charles & Camila is a true love story?

If I had to bet I know what I’d put my money on :lol:

and it’s only by luck that Prince William survived after Diana, four months pregnant with him, threw herself down the stairs.

1 Like

Did she??!! :scream:

There is no reason or logic in trying to make it an “either, or” choice between Camilla being responsible for Diana’s death and Camilla & Charles being a true love story.