Camilla..... Have You Forgiven Her?

Hi

A personal view.

I do not think that I, personally, have anything to forgive her for.

Do I like her?

Nope, not at all.

I cannot warm to Charles either.

I think that they deserve each other and are very happy together.

Cold, calculating and cynical, the pair od them.

2 Likes

Takes two to tango. You could say that Charles had no respect for Diana or his marriage. Personally, I donā€™t think there is anything to forgive. Both of them were in bad marriages (Charles forced into his by family and the necessity of providing an heir). Diana was no angel either and IMO it was the best thing to make a break of the misery for all three of them. I think Camilla is a good match for Charles and will be a great queen consort. He should have married her when he had the chance before they both married. It was in trying to do his duty to the royal family that this mess happened in the first place.

3 Likes

Camilla was not responsible for what Charles did so it was Charles I disliked most. But itā€™s not me that needs to forgive it would be his sons and Diana to do. I donā€™t dislike Charles these days but I donā€™t trust him.

1 Like

Did you see the calm way Camilla has been throughout all the ceremonial happenings she and Charles must be exhausted. Also how calm she was during his explosion when the fountain pen leaked over both their hands , what a flash of temper he has.

2 Likes

I just think he hasnā€™t had time to process his grief as a son who has lost his mother (even though they must have known it was coming) He has just been flung into all this rigmarole of travelling around the world being the King, and making decisions. I think heā€™d rather be at home with a nice cup of tea and chat with his wife. I bet after the funeral you donā€™t see him for a few days. I do feel sorry for them both at this point. You canā€™t practice dealing with grief, really until you feel it. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

He grieved but heā€™s king at long last and heā€™s always been known as rather petulant .

2 Likes

Sheā€™s very ordinary isnā€™t she? Sometimes she almost looks uneasy ,as if she doesnā€™t deserve to be in the position she is . It must be wonderful though to know that her husband loves her so much and that his mother accepted her son would need a woman he showed he really loved when he was King .She knew because she had such a supportive partner herself throughout her reign.
Iā€™m sure she wonā€™t let him down .

2 Likes

I thought he was almost at breaking point and maybe showed he had inherited
a little of his fatherā€™s temperament at that moment .

1 Like

All that standing and I do wonder how they manage when needing the toilet. I do think fate has an input into life . And I bet Camilla sometimes thinks to herself , blimey I never thought one day Iā€™d be queen consort . She is quietly supportive without taking the lime light .

Letā€™s see what else unfolds

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never felt I have anything to forgive Camilla for. Iā€™ve always felt sorry for her and Charles to be honest.

People may think heā€™s the one who canā€™t be forgiven, but he had to do what he had to do - he didnā€™t have a choice really. The decision to marry him off to Diana was not made by him, but by the Firm.

They all wanted to get him away from his one true love, Camilla, because they viewed their relationship as scandalous. And they all got together to ensure they achieved their goal, forcing him into marriage with a young girl who was an entirely unsuitable marriage partner, though an entirely suitable breeding machine, which was their one and only priority.

The whole sorry mess was bound to blow up in their faces at some point, and boy did it do that! If only Charles had been allowed to marry Camilla, there is no doubt that Diana would still be alive.

No, if anyone needs forgiving, itā€™s the members of the Firm who forbade Charles to marry Camilla, and forced him into marriage with Diana.

4 Likes

He was 32 when he married Diana no one needed to force him to do anything .
They didnā€™t forbid him to marry CPB either but did he actually ask her ?
Camilla could not refuse someone as eligible as Parker Bowles who DID pop the question .
No one made her marry him .

1 Like

Muddy, At 32, Charles may have been under a lot of pressure to find someone suitable very quickly.
Equally, Dianaā€™s parents and family could have advised her against marrying Charles at such a young age.
Then again, why would they stop her entering into the top family in the U.K. with all their riches and powerā€¦ the kudos of marrying into the Royal Family was an opportunity not to be missed.

1 Like

Water under the bridge nowā€¦no point flogging a dead horse,
ermā€¦tell Me ā€¦how many of You think Charlie has been loyal to Camilla since Theyā€™ve been togetherā€¦orā€¦do You think ā€˜once a cheat always a cheatā€™?

Could he manage it? :laughing:

Heh hehā€¦old sausage fingers?..who knows. :laughing:

1 Like

He swears at his pen leaking!

Her parents were divorced and she lived with her father who had had a stroke , her mother lived in some Scottish island .
Yes it was a good match but not entirely unexpected they were used to the company of the royals the Queen was Dianaā€™s Godmother .
The surprise was her youth the other girls he dated didnt past muster ( with the antiquated ideas of the royals and their sycophants ) because they had had previous boyfriends .
Dianaā€™s only previous relationship was with her Guinea pig .
And she was a young 19 , she read her step grandmothers corny romantic novels why would she not think he was Prince Charming ?
She was supremely eligible a young virgin bride from one of the foremost aristocrats in the land .
Trouble is heā€™s wasnā€™t Prince Charming but a spoilt petulant man who was not in love with her .

1 Like

No Comment :innocent:

1 Like

Camilla married Andrew Parker Bowles in 1973 & had children with him. Back in the early 80ā€™s it would have caused an outrage if Charles had married a divorced woman who had children to her first husband and anyway they remained married for 20 years. Charles married Diana in 1981 but realised he loved Camilla & that is why Charles had 2 women in his life.
They are just people with the same emotions as everyone else and look how many people make the same mistake!
Donā€™t forget that is why the queenā€™s uncle refused to be king & married Wallis Simpson, & that is probably why Charles didnā€™t want to do the same!

1 Like

Charles was 25 in 1973 .
Had he wanted to marry her when she was single he should have proposed !
Obviously it was a mismatch with Diana who was not the meek mouse they thought but it was a poor deal for a young girl to be rejected after only a few years by her husband ā€¦
I think nose out of joint might have have something to do with it .
They and Charles didnā€™t expect her to be turn out to be a superstar.

1 Like