Camilla..... Have You Forgiven Her?

I have never disliked Camilla because l know in life that there are two sides to every story. I am pleased that she and Charles are together because their love was always true and only outside influences detered them from being with each other.

She was never the stunner that Diana was but just lately l feel she has blossomed. She looks wonderful, she seems more poised, her hair is beautiful and her face looks more healthy than it used to.
At this time now, she is an asset to Charles and l hope she will be given the title of Queen.

I am sure many will disagree and continue to hold a grudge against her but surely the hatred and resentment must now ease and we should welcome her into her new position?

3 Likes

Donā€™t know much about her though many years ago I did laugh at a rather cruel meme of Charles and her going to church with the caption, ā€œPrince Charles takes his horse for a walkā€. She is certainly no beauty.

Personally I donā€™t hold a grudge against her she is more than welcome to King Charles. I suspect that she is pretty well unknown here, I certainly know little about her and rarely have seen even pictures of her.

1 Like

I am not sure that anyone unrelated to Charles or Diana has anything to forgive. No one, not even those close them, will probably know the full story. The real story will not be Charlesā€™s version, or Dianeā€™s. It will not even be a mix of both, but a lot of personal & very private things, mixed with public facts & half truths.

The truth will certainly not be what we know via the media.

Mob mentality has always left me cold. Be it football thugs, the small minded yobs who get really angry about some criminal offender & go to the trouble of going to the area in front of the court, so they can shout & bang on the side of a van. Or those who get emotionally involved in the lives of the rich or famous.

It is perfectly normal to feel sorry for someone who looks to have been badly treated. But to feel something towards the other woman when you have no connection, even a remote connection to the family, that is illogical & rather sad.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think there was anything to forgive her for & I am sure than many previous kings have had mistresses. Diana was suitable mother to produce a future monarchā€™s children & I suspect that was the only reason Charles married her, because he would not have been allowed to marry Camilla at the time of their wedding.
Since they did marry, I think Charles seems happier & Camilla seems to be the wife he always needed. Times have changed & 3 of the queenā€™s children have had broken marriages, so maybe it is time that rules on the heirā€™s possible partners are not so harsh!

3 Likes

I donā€™t think anything of her .
There is nothing to admire she is a barely educated woman who has never held down a job .
She has lived her entire life as the partner of two very rich men .
As Charles is of a similar ilk but probably a bit more intelligent they are well suited .
The problem was Charles likes thick women .The mistake was thinking that Diana a young girl of little academic attainments was thick , she wasnā€™t .

3 Likes

I like Camilla and I think she is an asset to Charles , I didnt usedto like her , but then I donā€™t like the Royal lot tbh .

She and Charles have proven the test of time , sheā€™s welcome to him , I wouldnā€™t want him .

But listening to Charles speech I did see an emotional human who may have regrets like us all

I was watching a programme about Diana when she was in boarding school , all her mates had fixations on pop stars and actors , yet Diane had pictures of Charles by her bedside and told them she adored him then . Can you immagine how she fell deeply when he showed affection and attention to her .

My idol was Elvis , I can immagine how I would gave fallen if he had asked me to marry him

2 Likes

They deserve one anotherā€¦Big Ears & Lilo Lil.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s to forgive.
She cheated on her marriage the same as thousands do each year.
Iā€™d say Camilla and Charles are a good match . :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I donā€™t think anything of her because when I do, all I can recall are the leaked telephone conversations of their affair, when he whispered sweet nothing about wishing he was a certain feminine hygeine product :astonished:

4 Likes

canā€™t stand her and no I havenā€™t forgiven her or him but would she care what I think? Would she hell lol.

4 Likes

I have always liked Camilla, sheā€™s the one he should have married in the first place, but those daft outdated rules stopped them. If they had been able to marry then Diana would probably be alive today.

4 Likes

No I have not for this reason. . She has no respect for Diana and Charles marriage and did her level best to break it up.

4 Likes

ā€¦ but you werenā€™t with them behind closed doors in the marriage.
Sometimes, marriages donā€™t always last forever.

we are talking about royality which is different

2 Likes

To be fair we need to remember that it was Charles who made the marriage vow, not Camilla. and where did you get the info that it was Camilla who tried to break the marriage up?
There are thousands of married people who have affairs, but they made the vow so why do people always blame the person they had an affair with, when they are at liberty to sleep with anybody who wants to sleep with them?

Why they made the same vow as everybody else?

1 Like

Oh! Arenā€™t they humans?

They got it so wrong and were not exactly warm and fuzzy towards Diana .
Diana was not just any girl to be treated badly she had spirit and feelings and the whole Spencer heritage is not one to be taken lightly .( As we see in Prince Harry creating havoc right now )
Any woman in any marriage needs to feel loved and desired by her husband especially before you actually embark on the venture .
What a facer for his young bride to be - his words ā€˜ whatever in love means !
It was a red light flashing so bright it was impossible to ignore .
I think Diana would have withdrawn but it too far along she was only 19 how could she cause such a monumental uproar ?
The plans were made , her seriously ill father so proud , her mother not really in a position to advise her .In truth what parent could , they would naturally think that a man who offered for their beautiful daughter would love her and probably dismiss it as pre wedding nerves
It was a disaster from the start .

5 Likes

So was it a marriage of convenience then?
The royals wanted somebody of good breeding to produce heirs to the throne & the Spencers who had been members of the Royals social circle, wanted their daughter to become a queen!
Diana knew about Camilla before the wedding, so maybe hoped he would grow to love her more when she produced his children.
I know she was having second thoughts before the marriageā€¦ but doesnā€™t it make a complete mockery of the whole wedding, from both sides?

3 Likes

I doubt if the Spencerā€™s really cared they are some what more aristocratic than the Windsors.
Their daughters were going to marry well anyway .
However Dianaā€™s grandma was best buddies with the Queen Mother and they thought it might be a good idea especially as Diana was known to be tidy .
( ie she was a virgin and had no previous boyfriends )
I suppose Charles thought if he had so marry someone a young girl would be easy to mould into his ways and he could learn to love .
I expect he was fond of her but he is a man used to being adored uncritically Diana must have been a shock .

2 Likes

As far as Iā€™m concerned, Camilla has not done anything which requires forgiveness from me.

Iā€™ve never disliked Camilla - I felt a bit sorry for all of them, really.
There was two mis-matched marriages there and they were all caught up in that hurtful tangle.
Diana wasnā€™t the only ā€œwronged wifeā€ - Camilla had been a ā€œwronged wifeā€ too, long before Diana came along - both husbands had been unfaithful and so had both wives, when they had looked for comfort in the arms of married men.
I donā€™t suppose any of us will ever get to hear all sides of the story - and even if we did, each of those involved would have seen it through their own lens.
Itā€™s not for me to judge them and when couples split up and go their separate ways, I find itā€™s best not to keep raking up the past.

I just take Camilla as I find her and, so far, Iā€™ve never heard of her doing anything bad since she became Duchess of Cornwall and took up Royal Duties - I think she and Charles seem well matched now and she seems very affectionate and supportive of him, in a similar way to how our last Queen Consort supported George VI.

2 Likes