Camilla..... Have You Forgiven Her?

I don’t have anything nice to say about her. She played a role in at least three lives being torn apart - if it wasn’t for her Princess Diana would probably still be alive and Harry and William wouldn’t be without a mother. I doubt they’ll ever be able to forgive her and I don’t think most of the population has either.

While of course Charles played a role too, Camilla knew he was married, and she knew Diana adored him, and she knew they had a child - yet she still thought nothing of being a home-wrecker. Ugh!

I don’t buy that theirs was a true love story either (sorry!) over the years lots of people have tried it on with me despite them having partners/kids etc and apart from me being in a r’ship for most of that time and not being a cheat myself, I just couldn’t be the person who destroys someone else’s life - in many of these cases I am friends or know their partners! I’ve never understood how somebody can cheat with someone and then act like nothing’s happened with that person’s partner - but maybe that’s a topic for another thread :lol:

1 Like

I think that’s a terrible thing to say.
One could just as easily say “if it wasn’t for …”
Diana agreeing to go to Paris with Dodi Fayed, she may still be alive.
Diana not bothering to wear a seat belt in the car, she may still be alive.

Not to mention all the other “if only …” guilt trips you could lay on other people involved, such as the decisions made by Dodi and his Father when they decided to change their plans to stay at The Ritz and go on that mad car chase that night.

3 Likes

I think that’s how most people see it tbh Boot - or maybe I’m wrong, and most people think Charles & Camila is a true love story?

If I had to bet I know what I’d put my money on :lol:

… and it’s only by luck that Prince William survived after Diana, four months pregnant with him, threw herself down the stairs.

1 Like

Did she??!! :scream:

There is no reason or logic in trying to make it an “either, or” choice between Camilla being responsible for Diana’s death and Camilla & Charles being a true love story.

I’m just highlighting and comparing the contrast between how you see her/things and how I think most people see her/things…

From what I have read and heard There is a good relationship between Camilla and Charles 2 sons, and it seems that both sons blame only the press, who’s constant chasing of their mother was probably the cause of her death.
The public always need to blame somebody, but it seems that the majority of people who like royalty are thinking that she is the right person to support Charles and have come to admire & respect her.
If we are honest, Charles, Diana, Camilla & her husband were all cheats during their married lives, so why blame just one?

I don’t agree with that Twink, Diana was devoted to Charles until she found out he was cheating on her…

2 Likes

But that is not comparing / contrasting the way some folk see it compared to how I see it because I have never said I think Camilla & Charles were a true love story.

I think Camilla was in love with Parker-Bowles for many years and she got involved with Charles for much the same reasons as Diana got involved with other men - because their husbands were cheating on them and they felt unloved and unhappy.

I think if Charles had met and married somebody more mature and supportive, he may have stayed faithful to them and settled down happily.
I also think if Diana had met someone more mature and supportive, she may have stayed faithful and been more stable.
And if Camilla’s husband had stayed faithful to her, she may never have got involved with Charles the first time or the second time round.

If Diana had not had that tragic accident, she may eventually have met someone she could settle down happily with.
I cannot blame Camilla, her husband or Charles for the fact that Diana ended up being killed in a car accident.

2 Likes

Does it matter who was first? Diana knew he was seeing Camilla before they married, but she still married him! The only vow Charles broke was that he didn’t forsake all others whilst married to Diana, but neither did she, so they both broke their marriage vow!

Ah sorry Boot - I thought you said theirs was the true love story, and looking back now it was Maree, who has a similar sort of cartoony avatar :icon_redface: :lol:

That’s true enough.
I can’t believe Di didn’t know about Camilla’s existence before she wed Charles. Besides, she far outstripped Charles and put her self about quite a bit after. How many blokes did she sleep with?

First I’d heard of it too but according to this …

Unhappy Di might have been … but to try and murder her own child to get back at her unfaithful husband is beyond the pale.

1 Like

Returning to the title of the thread. Who the hell are we to forgive or not forgive her? None of us are the creator, god, divine being…so it’s not down to us. Let ye who are without sin…, eh??

5 Likes

Agreed. :frowning_face:

Because she didn’t instigate it she was the innocent party .
They were two people much older than her who not only betrayed her but put about the idea that she was neurotic and unhinged ,that was unkind .
They were aided by Charles friends she must have felt her enemies were all around her
She had the right to expect love and fidelity from her husband that what he promised when he married her .
Had he loved and supported her she would not have had had to turn to others for love .
This is all water under the bridge now but people have long memories .

4 Likes

I only know what I saw on Netflix.

Royal marriages are no more important than ordinary people, so if the love isn’t there many seek it elsewhere.
Walk through a few estates where poorer people live & see how many young mums are pushing prams but no longer have a husband. We can all feel sorry for them if their husband has gone off with another woman, but they didn’t know it at the time they were married. Diana did know about Camilla & unlike the poorer mums would have had support from her wealthy family. If you marry a cheat, you would be a fool to expect them to change, especially when they prefer the mistress to yourself!

1 Like

Speak for yourself.