Camera remote control

The photo above is a remote wired zoom/on/off switch for camera with video capabilites or camcorder. Red button is on/off and a rocker switch to control zoom.
This particular unit although a cheapie started to give me a problem. Sometimes it worked other times it didn’t, so it investigate why. It worked hand held but not clamped to the handle, so first thought was it clamped up too tight?wrong. giving it a slight shake “ahha” somthing loose inside
So out with the screwdrivew and took apart to find this loose inside.

What is it you may ask, it is actually a port for a cable connector that also has three contact point. Below is one with three contant points (the metal bits)

Now I have never ever used this connector but on examination it was never soldered to the circuit board properly ,hence came loose somehow. I had no us for it anyway having the 3 point contact one.
nyway managed to put it back together minus that electronic bit and tried again. Damn still did then did not work. turned out in the end even the three pin port made bad contact, just not good enough so now ordered a new more expensive one with a good writeup so shall see what that is like when it comes in the meantime this one will have to do

1 Like

I’ve an old Canon 35 mm film camera with an extra purchased zoom and the flash unit.

It had a timer to put on various times in order for everyone to get into photo.

I’m considering selling it one of these days…

It’s all digital now and I’m more interested into one unit that would make videos and still pictures.

OOh where do I start Supernatural so I can help at all? maybe the first the is how much do you want to pay for a digital camera that does videos as well, most do nowadays.
I suppose the next consideration of make. There are those that recommend a certain make over others, I don’t it is a question of personal choice

Next question is type ie mirrorless- DSLR or compact. I am guessing you would more be looking for a compact that fits into pocket type. After that would be ease of use, the menu system is vast with different setting but again you would mainly want it in automatic mode I recon. the only draw back with compact cameras is the video side is not that good in my opinion which is a shame.

I know nothing about videoing with a mobile phone or taking pictures with one but I surmise you are limited to how much it cam take picture or in video. So I won’t even go there.

Another alternative is getting a camcorder that also takes photoscould be a consideration for you. there are very good small camcorders that can do this as well.

I can’t recommend enough you go to a decent camera store and see what you find the easies and most comfortable to use

accessories
do take into account you will need extra batteries for whatever you get being the main extra first of.

link may help
https://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/

1 Like

I currently own at Praktica camera, which does video and still, but no night vision ILR I think it’s called. Was bought second hand from Cash Generator almost a decade ago and is still a very good digital camera and portable aka small.

I’m looking (considering and bookmarked on Amazon) at a small camcorder with night vision, still photos which comes with extra external microphone plus 2 batteries by Zornik EU 1080p for under £100.

My mobile phone is a Motorola and take beautiful still and videos but again a pain for night vision. Used to have one of the very first camcorders which recorded in wee cassettes bought on our work contracts travels at the now defunct Sears store.

We tried to charge it with an adapter for UK but it didn’t charge at all. So we transferred everything from the cassettes onto VHS tapes and then onto DVDs. That was fun, not! LOL!

I’ll probably not go back to Cash Generator as one we bought there didn’t even last a month and we had to return it. Guess it was our one and only bad purchase…

Thanks for the help, I’ve bookmarked the link you gave me.

ZORNIK Camcorder, IR Night Vision Video Camera HD 1080P 36MP 16X Digital Zoom 3.0 Inch LCD 270 Degrees Rotatable Screen Vlogging Camera (3051LRM) Amazon.co.uk

Just looked at that camera all I would say is look on YouTube to see any videos taken with it first. They claim it can do a lot but for that price???
found this one

the zoom is jerky to say the last and also flickers a lot when panning to different light conditions At 4.10 in the video the sensor picks up the lens reflection badly and terrible flickering. At 4.37 the “zoom in” is terrible not to mention the disgusting focus when fully zoomed in.
you get what you pay for though.

not mention any particular camcorder but to get anything half decent will cost more than your budgeting for. A lot of cameras also include video capabilities