Buying shoes!

For some time now I have been looking for a pair of green shoes/sandals to go with a specific outfit - no luck though.

I wonder - what has happened to smart, elegant, feminine shoes? All the shops near me are full of very heavy clompy things that could almost be described as unisex - or else trainers (which i wouldn’t be seen dead in!) and/or nasty plastic things called ‘crocs’. Even most of those seem to be wide or ‘comfort’ fitting.

I have seen women in really pretty summer frocks - with trainers ( shudder) on their feet. Have we lost our sense of style? Do people not look in mirrors anymore?

All I need is a pair of ‘D’ fitting, lightweight, smart shoes/sandals with high heels - I’ll even settle for black if I can’t find green. Maybe I’ll have to find a proper cordwainer rather than a shop - in which case - send advice on £10 notes please! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

I googled pretty green summer shoes

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALiCzsZN0XykAbQ-bLk8J9sNH7A1egHl7g:1656957264143&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=pretty+green+summer+shoes&client=tablet-android-samsung-nf-rev1&fir=7miu8xg__Hul3M%2CQ1yN9waXyEwBcM%2C_%3B8_cyxKZYKYZP7M%2C6RVkir4DMJICDM%2C_%3BVYI_AhwoqGffzM%2CQ1yN9waXyEwBcM%2C_%3BR6xg791hTBC3MM%2C9PrPt3uZofTgIM%2C_%3B0ukqKy65x8EQuM%2CZFQpFjiXeA4M2M%2C_%3B8jdQcVVLCHT-eM%2CDOukK5nmczBDFM%2C_%3BxXPeB-NJ8RAILM%2CZFQpFjiXeA4M2M%2C_%3BXiUrJlwrCwYjLM%2CoATgAN_VrGAysM%2C_&usg=AI4_-kS00fK0tg8-1pW05g11ChstcfBJPw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiNjozp5t_4AhV0lFwKHRg9C-EQ7Al6BAgFEC0&biw=1280&bih=800&dpr=1.5

If you scroll down there are a few very pretty ones

1 Like

@ruthio - Wow! Some of those are amazing - thank you, Ruthio.

1 Like

Hi

There are some very classy ladies on here who know where to find anything.

I was never a great fan of trainers, but now wear them most of the time, with special inserts, to make walking more comfortable.

Dating, I would wear shoes until such time as I felt comfortable in explaining the reasons why.

I would not insult a lady by turning up to a date with trainers.

I wear trainers all the time .

"I wear trainers all the time
They’re rainbow coloured and quite sublime (oops, wrong thread!) :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hi

In response to Muddy and Ruthio.

I had always thought of you both as classy ladies.

The very epitome of sophistication.

Well educated, well travelled , a first in English etc.

It has been a devasting day for me.

To find out that you both wear trainers is a huge shock.

Even Morticia has burst the bubble so to speak, she now says she has a big bum.

Only two ladies left, both well out of my league.

I will retire, shattered and distraught, to live a long and lonely life with apostrophes in all the wrong places. :grin:

2 Likes

:rofl:
All the classy ladies wear trainers .

1 Like

Well of course you’re absolutely correct in your assumption that we’re classy, sophisticated, well educated, well travelled, a First in English etc. etc.
AND I know where to put my apostrophes daaahling

But the above was me quoting Muddy, I mistakenly thought she’d posted the first line of a Limerick! :joy::joy:
Mupsy will understand, she might even add the third line!

“All the classy ladies wear trainers
And some of them are Entertainers :rofl::rofl:
Now swimmy’s upset
And he’s really such a pet
The rest are merely abstainers” :grin::laughing:

5 Likes

Poor tabby can’t find any shoes
she’s looked in the shop’s but no clues
there’s no green or black
well that’s a setback
they do trainers in black green or blue…

5 Likes

Me too. I buy three pairs at a time and get ones with velcro tabs so no bending down to tie shoe laces.

It’s definitely more difficult to buy shoes now. Quality has gone downhill. Choice is reduced. I’ve just sent two pairs ordered online back. Impossible to buy any in an actual shop because so many shops have closed over the pandemic.

2 Likes

Trainers all the way for everyday, I love skechers, got more pairs than I’m going to admit to

But it’s smashing to put on nice shoes for occasions, days out, work, and hooting Annie’s

What tend to do is look online, then when I see a pair I like, I phone round for stockists so I can go and try them on

Brandwise, I do like Moshulu and Ruby Shoo sometimes, and Joe Browns. They’re a reasonable price and you can get them lots of places

What about these?

3 Likes

Whilst some do, not all trainer wearers are classy. Around my neck of the woods there are several who are far from classy, or as I believe the phrase is ‘right slappers’, but I have noticed that classy court shoes tend to be conspicuous by their absence.
The retail price of some trainers are prohibitive for all but the well off, so there are plenty of fakes around.

1 Like

Doctors say trainers are the best thing for feet .
Edited to say it now appears they have changed their minds .

I do too unless I’m going anywhere where some kind of formal dress is expected.
The modern trainers are relatively new to shoe sales and the nearest I wore in the late 50’s into the early 60’s were baseball type boots.

Those minimum shoes we used to wear with thin soles and no support like plimsolls are now suposed to be good for your feet !

2 Likes

I never thought I would wear trainers unless I was doing something active, but I found that being on my feet all day with work was so much better in the informal type of setting.

I couldn’t wear pointy heels now I don’t think…not that I’ve tried!

1 Like

Don’t they always? :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

They must be related to Mrs LD … I’ll lay odds I’ll pay for that observation :wink:

1 Like