Butter - do you use it?

Having started a thread on chocolate cake I hope you don’t all think I eat unhealthy :lol::lol:

I just wondered if any of you use butter? I have tried all the spreads and healthy options but my family will only eat Lurpak, I have tried to fool them but they can tell the difference especially my youngest.

The only other butter that matches it is President Butter.

1 Like

I use real butter. Actually, I splurge on imported Irish butter, as most American butter is so low in butterfat these days …

i would buy real butter but to be honest i would not have any idea what to look for ?

We use Lurpak too. Also like the President butter, that was the nearest in taste to the German butter I adored when out there, the name escapes me at the moment. :slight_smile:

Can you get Kerrygold Irish butter?

Yes, we do get that here. :slight_smile:

That’s what I buy.

Butter here and lots of it :lol:
I hate margarine, it may be ok for greasing door hindges but not my stomach.

To me butter is a natural food, no trans fats or hydrogenated rubbish in it. It may be classed as unhealthy by some because it a a saturated fat but I will take my chances. It also tastes good unlike margarine which tastes like Vaseline to me.

I also like Lurpak although it has become very expensive. I like Rachels Organic too and buy Waitrose own brand for baking.

Kitty, I’ll refer you to my post of a few weeks back on this particular subject.ie. unhealthy not healthy so called spreads. I’m back on butter(the unsalted ones), and loving it. Goodbye Pro Vita, Benecol etc, stick them on your bicycle wheels instead!

thanks John, i have just read your thread, i for one will be sticking to butter :smiley:

We always have had Clover but yesterday I bought Lurpak and its lovely, but being the Irish fanatic that I am I will try and get Kerrygold, I had forgotten that.

i dont think we have tried Kerrygold but i will give it a go :mrgreen:

Yeo Valley Organic spreadable butter for me and for baking I use a soya spread. :-D:-D

I find Kerrygold too salty, Lurpak seems to be less salty than many butters but then I like unsalted butter anyway.

I like salty things Meg, i buy the Lurpak slightly salted, and unsalted, and like both,i imagine i would like salty butter.

Never tried Yeo Valley Organic spreadable butter thats another one for my list marpaul.

Its great Kitty but the only place I can buy it from is Tescos. It might not be salty enough for you though :slight_smile:

I used to like Vitalite. But it seems to be harder to get these days.

I will try anything once :mrgreen: my shooping list is going to be assorted butter brands this weekend :mrgreen:

I always stick to my favourite Anchor butter which I was brought up on :smiley: I have changed over the years to the Anchor Light which I find just as good.

I remember that, your right I’ve not seen it for ages, my daughter used it several times for her school cookery lessons