British travellers will have to pay a fee to enter the EU from next year

At some point in 2022, non-EU residents will have to pay approximately £5 to enter the eurozone and fill out a new application form before they travel.

• Interesting…:thinking:

I bet we don’t force the EU to do the same to come here though.

1 Like

We will just have to do the same .

1 Like

I wonder how they’ll collect the money off the illegals?

1 Like

Well we did decide to leave the EU, so we can hardly complain if they charge us for going back to visit.

1 Like

The fee is only applicable to travellers aged 18 to 70, and people will be able to apply via an official website or a mobile phone app.

Seems to me like a good reason to stay away from the EU. There are plenty of other places to holiday.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem like much of a reason to stay away to me. If paying an extra £5 is enough to put you off, you couldn’t have wanted to go very much in the first place.

1 Like

True ……

What’s the £5 charge actually for though? That’s what I don’t get… :thinking:

Because they don’t like us ?

1 Like

This news will not please the Spanish, not that long ago they were almost pleading for the return of British tourists. They wanted to get back to 2019 levels of tourism, their main industry, even down to being prepared to accept people without Covid-19 lateral flow or PCR tests.

I’ll assume you meant to say “Because they don’t like us, or want us” and yes, I’ll agree with that, sadly. I also think we should do the same with them, but we won’t…because we need their tourism money.

We used to have to buy a visa every year until recently to visit Turkey our preferred destination.

Well that’s not going to happen for at least a few years now, so…:woman_shrugging:

I can’t open the link… Is it only British travellers that will have to pay ? or will other Travellers from say America have to pay too

But it, probably, costs twice as much, to put in place the system to collect the money, as the amount they are charging.

Strange logic?

1 Like

From the news item on the link:

“The scheme is expected to cover 60 countries, including the UK, Australia and the US.”

1 Like

Sadly that statement should be the US motto. :grinning:

How did you work that out?