British Sandwich Week -which are your favourites? A poll

I’ll try to dig out the recipe for you and post it tomorrow Queenie… :blush:

1 Like

Dairylea with sliced tomatoes and black pepper…yum yum :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is that that stuff that comes in a tube so you can squirt it straight into yer mouth?
common as muck.

2 Likes

So funny dood…actually I buy it in tubs…but guilty milord :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, remember this from childhood days? Now comes in a tube …

and Dairylea came like this …

1 Like

It still does:

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/snacking-and-lunchbox-cheeses/dairylea-triangles-x8-125g

:023:

2 Likes

I think that is Primula, d00d.

300x300

1 Like

Although tinned red salmon and cucumber on proper brown bread with proper block butter and vinegar on the salmon is my favourite.
My next favourite is sliced corned beef (not out of a tin) on nice white bread, with proper block butter and Daddies sauce. Normally, l never eat brown sauce, or tomato ketchup, but l love it with corned beef.

2 Likes

Dairylea and luncheon meat are 2 staples that I carry in my bait box when I go fishing. Both are excellent “change baits” on the hook.

1 Like

Hi

Anything from here.

https://www.facebook.com/philpottsshrews

Amazing stuff in a historical black and white area next to the Bullpit.

They do an Heart Attack version of their sandwiches, Olive Oil instead of butter on the bread etc.

Mmmmm😋

I am very partial to a Philpott’s Christmas sandwich, it’s not the Chrimbo season until they start doing those :rofl:

This is my favourite cheese spread…

1 Like

It would have to fresh salmon for me - don’t what ‘they’ do to it to put it in tins but it just doesn’t taste like salmon. :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

Gosh - that’s a blast from the past - haven’t seen that for a while. Have you tried ‘Chef’s’ sauce - it is rather good!

ST, Now, l’m the other way round… l don’t like fresh salmon! I prefer tinned salmon and it has to be red, never pink!
I remember, if my mother-in-law had only pink salmon in the cupboard, she would add cochineal to it!

I have never heard of the Irish O’Kane sauces. I bet they are really nice, as is all Irish food.

I get the large 685gm Daddies brown sauce from Iceland. It used to be only £1 but they’ve put it up to £1.50, which is still great value.

2 Likes

Another family favourite is what l call a ‘steakwich’.

I slice rump steak thinly and fry it, or l use sandwich steak. l place it on a French stick that has been sliced in half longways.

I then pile on slices of Brie, sliced cooked mushrooms, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced red onion, maybe sliced cucumber and sliced yellow peppers. Watercress if l have it.
Top with mayonnaise, or salad cream.

If you can get your mouth around that lot, it is so delish!!

4 Likes

@Artangel - sounds good - but minus the brie!

1 Like

These are jaffels. They’re made over an open fire (braai) Barbecue.
I love curried mince, Indian egg chutney, potatoes and peas curry, egg and bacon.

7 Likes

Those look amazing! I’ve never seen those before. They’re like a cross between samosas, hand pies, sandwich maker sandwiches and panini. I like the thickness of the bread and the grill marks. :yum:

1 Like

Others…
Cheese & chives Crisps with Dairylea cheese spread.
Chocolate spread.

2 Likes