Britain in the Seventies

But Of course :slightly_smiling_face:
In those days I was very with it .
These days Iā€™m very much without it!

2 Likes

Yes she was very nice too.
Iā€™m slightly surprised that nobody has mentioned the other one yet, she was very popular if my memory serves me well.

2 Likes

Suzi Quatro clad in leather :grinning:

1 Like

Sheā€™s probably just about to pop off to Devil Gate Driveā€¦no sat nav in those days!

1 Like

We didnā€™t come last at Eurovisionā€¦this was 11th

by the seventies life was a quarter over already, albeit at the time didnā€™t realise it

1 Like

I did, thatā€™s why I stepped on the gas :grin:

1 Like

Letā€™s just see. I started a poll here.

2 Likes

Superbā€¦Iā€™ve just cast my vote :+1:

2 Likes

start of a grand new career and then the opulent HK beckoned and after that Oz - the rot had set in not sure where but I was moving to fast to notice it!!

Doesnā€™t matter where you are when the Global Rot sets in :grin:

The Seventies were arguably the best decade in my lifeā€¦
Having just completed a 7 year apprenticeship in mechanical engineering I applied for my first job as a skilled man with more qualifications than Kingdom Brunelā€¦
I got me a house, a wife and a fast car. Along came a daughter (howā€™d that happen) and I discovered my love of the wild places and became a runnerā€¦
All the other decades pale into insignificance compared to the seventiesā€¦
The music was outstanding with ELO, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits, and the brilliant Mike Oldfieldā€¦Tubular Bells is my all time favourite and my most played albumā€¦Even now.
In 1979 Maggie Thatcher became PM (what a great team we made) and you could walk into Doncaster Town Centre without being accosted by some foreign geezers wanting your watch and wallet. You could drive down the motorway at over 100mph, (no cameras) and the only distraction was the Rolling Stones belting out of the radio and the wife in the passenger seat wearing a short skirt flashing some legā€¦
Didnā€™t know we was bornā€¦
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I remember the 70s so well! I went to University in London in 1971. The remnants of the ā€œswinging 60sā€. It was amazing back then. I stayed in London, never went back home. After 25 years I left, having met my 2nd husband, we moved 60 miles away as London was getting too dirty, too crowded and far too expensive.

1 Like

Early on, Led Zeppelin & Neil Young. Later on, Stranglers & Pretenders.

2 Likes

early 70ā€™s caught a train everyday from hants up to waterloo then a walk - studying at the Polytechnic of the South Bank - kept fit in those days - sometimes stayed over for wild parties - first barmaids serving topless - had to fish out many a tiddler from me beer!!

2 Likes

Was that because of the bottomless Barmen?

1 Like

It was good, going out on a 70s evening not knowing exactly where you were going to end up, hopefully in some pleasure dome or other :grin:

1 Like

she did tell me she was a pleasure dome on one occasion - I was semi-conscious atm!

1 Like

Siamā€™s gonna be the witness

To the ultimate test of cerebral fitness

This grips me more than would a

Muddy old river or reclining Buddha.

1 Like

You know youā€™re getting old when The Stranglers start looking young!

2 Likes