Britain in the Seventies

School and University for me.

5 Likes

I’d completed my time in uni and by the 70’s I was in full time work for the crown. That meant smart and usually in a 3-piece suit with well buffed shoes :+1:

1 Like

What a feeling it must’ve been to be living on the (b)right side of life.

1 Like

I loved the 70s,the music fashion and the feather cut.

2 Likes

By that age I had already had my degree and several projects in different countries.

1 Like

Bugger education and careers, mid 70s was party time for a good few years, wouldn’t mind another spin around. :grin:

2 Likes

Awww!

I loved the 70’s to bits

You’d usually find one of these at teenage parties, the problem was that usually there usually wasn’t a proper opener available. Out would come the pocket knives, screwdrivers etc. If somebody didn’t lose a finger or a couple of pints of blood it was a minor miracle.

Oh…and she was my favourite :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I think the best thing about the 70’s was the LP.
Record companies realized they would make money if they gave bands more time in the studios which produced some epic sounds.

1 Like

The best thing about the 1970s is that it is in the past ! - it was the worst decade of life for me and my family.
Even the optimism of youth could not gloss over the worst bits of the 1970s - it was painful and horrible, both in terms of economic deprivation, public services strikes, atrocious architecture which ushered in problematic high rise developments and soul-less town planning schemes - and terrible taste in colours and fashion trends! :confounded:

2 Likes

Yes,not much style about in the 70’s.But A lot of us could watch Match of the Day in colour. :grinning:

2 Likes

Don’t be such a wet blanket…my cheese cloth shirts were the talk of the town.

1 Like

I’ve no doubt about it.With your flares and platform shoes.

2 Likes

It was in the 70’s that electrical stuff like,washing machines,cookers,freezers,showers,microwaves,etc… became cheaper and more readily available thanks to places like Comet.

1 Like

No way! Jaclyn Smith was the best. :blush:

I don’t have huge feelings about the 70s either way. But I also wasn’t in Britain.

2 Likes

But Of course :slightly_smiling_face:
In those days I was very with it .
These days I’m very much without it!

2 Likes

Yes she was very nice too.
I’m slightly surprised that nobody has mentioned the other one yet, she was very popular if my memory serves me well.

2 Likes

Suzi Quatro clad in leather :grinning:

1 Like

She’s probably just about to pop off to Devil Gate Drive…no sat nav in those days!

1 Like

We didn’t come last at Eurovision…this was 11th